Media Center News
For those of you that I do know, I'm so excited to be your media specialist and have lots of goals that include collaboration, team teaching to help integrate technology, and being your go to resource for technology and project materials!
I will be putting together a newsletter each month or whenever I have exciting resources to share. This first edition will be about classroom management tools and books that we have in the media center to help teach those essential beginning of the year skills.
I always have my door open and want to be a part of what is going on at SCE! Please let me know how I can support you and if I don't have the answer, I will find out :)
Media Center Housekeeping
- Each classroom will need a crate or bucket to have your students return books in.
- Someone will come by on your library day to collect the books in the morning for check-in.
- Please e-mail me when your team meets for planning! I hope to attend as many team meetings as possible.
Apps to help get your year started!
You can scan your classroom books into the app, have the kids use the check in/ checkout system, level your books, and even import your student names to keep track of where your books are going! This app costs $0.99.
This tool allows you to input your class and by shaking your iPad, you can randomly choose students for groups, answering questions, etc. Once you pick a student, you can choose the "Blooms" option to help you think of higher level thinking questions on the spot that coordinates with Blooms Taxonomy. You can even keep track of student answers and generate reports. This app does cost $2.99. It's like when we use popsicle sticks to draw a students name but on the iPad!
ClassDojo helps teachers improve behavior in their classrooms quickly and easily. It also captures and generates data on behavior that teachers can share with parents and administrators. Teachers can use this app to give students realtime feedback while in class - it will sync with the main ClassDojo website. This app is free and there are tons of reward options on Pinterest if you type in "class dojo" that teachers have already created.
Book Room Update!
Back to School Books
- Chrysanthemum by Kevin Henkes (E HEN)
- Splat the Cat by Rob Scotten (E SCO)
- Amelia Bedelia's First Day of School by Herman Parish (E PAR)
- Ruby the Copycat by Peggy Rathman (E RAT)
- Lily's Plastic Purple Purse by Kevin Henkes (E HEN)
- How I Spent my Summer Vacation by Mark Teague (E TEA)
- The Recess Queen by Aleix O'Neil ( E ONE)
- I Can Do It by Tony Dungy (E DUN)