Components of Fitness
by Katelyn Roberts
The 5 Health Related Component Definitions and Examples
- Cardiovascular Endurance - The ability of hearts and lungs to work together
- Flexibility - Being able to bend or stretch your joints as far as possible
- Muscular Strength - The ability for your muscles to exert a lot of force at one time
- Muscular Endurance - The ability to use muscles for a long period of time without tiring.
- Body composition - The combination of all of the tissues that make up the body such as bones muscle, organs and body fat.
Doing the splits can improve your flexibility.
Acrobats have to have a lot of balance.
Running some laps as fast as you can tests and improves your speed.
The 6 Skill Related Component Definitions and Examples
- Agility - The ability to change body positions quickly and keep the body under control when moving.
- Power - The ability to combine strength with speed while moving
- Balance - The ability to keep the body in a steady position while standing or moving
- Reaction Time - The ability to move quickly once a signal to start moving is received.
- Speed - The ability to move all or a part of the body quickly
- Coordination - The ability of body parts to work together when you perform an activity