The Sunshine Fund
What is the Sunshine Fund?
Ok, so let's get to the good stuff....how much are we asking for up front?
We are asking (ONE TIME ONLY THE WHOLE SCHOOL YEAR) for $50 from each child that is enrolled at the Lighthouse School. All the money collected will go directly towards teacher gifts for the entire year. Here is a rough breakdown of how your money will be spent on your child's teacher:
- $100 toward a Birthday Gift
- $150 toward a Christmas Gift
- $25 toward Flowers for Valentines Day
- $25 toward Flowers for Easter
- $5 per week for "Random Acts of Kindness" in the 6 weeks leading up to Mid-Winter Reports (a really nice bar of chocolate, coffee delivered in the morning ,etc). Mid-WInter Reports are a very large task for each teacher to complete, so we want to do something special in the weeks leading up to the reports to let them know we are thinking about how hard they are working.
- End of the year gift for all teachers and staff. The remainder of the money will allow us to purchase a very generous gift certificate for the entire faculty to go out to a restaurant together to celebrate the end of the school year. It is something that we have done as a school in the past and that the staff really enjoyed.
Our teachers and staff work extremely hard. Its important to show them our appreciation during special times of the year. We know everyone is busy and we are really hoping the Sunshine Fund helps to streamline and minimize some of the need for emails and phone calls for collecting money for teacher gifts.