Christ The King School News Notes
November 23, 2020
Important Message from the Principal
We hope you all will have a wonderful holiday and enjoy your time together. Even though Thanksgiving may not look like it normally does this year, I am so very thankful for all of you, your support and most of all, the blessing of your children. I am so thankful for each and everyone of them. Please be safe and enjoy the many blessings God has given us.
Please keep us informed of any positive cases in your immediate family. We are here to help in anyway we can. Also, the school is still required to report any Covid-19 cases to the Lexington Fayette County Health Department and state while school is virtual. Please contact us if you have any questions. Our nurse, Shayna Elmore, is our Covid contact and can be reached at email@example.com.
Thank you,Paula Smith
- If you are in contact with someone who tests positive for COVID-19 for 15 minutes or more within a 24 hour period, you must quarantine. For the most accurate results, it is recommended that you get tested no sooner than 5 days after your known exposure to the positive case.
- Quarantining is defined as staying at home for 14 days after the known exposure, watching symptoms and checking temperature twice a day. This means not just quarantining from school, but all public locations.
- When dropping off students' forgotten materials at school, please leave them outside the school's door, and buzz the front desk to arrange retrieval.
- Masks must be worn on school property at all times. Please make sure to wear your mask when coming to the front door.
As questions arise about the policies and procedures that we have put in place due to COVID-19, we wish for our parents to have a point of contact for their questions. For the upcoming year, our nurse, Shayna Elmore, will be available full-time during the school day. She will be our school’s COVID Contact. Please direct your COVID-related questions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (859) 266-5641.
If you have any questions about whether your child can be in attendance, please reach out to Nurse Elmore, our COVID contact. It is of utmost importance that we maintain the health and safety of our school community.
If your child is in isolation or quarantine, please contact Nurse Elmore, so that we can ensure that students can continue learning via the hybrid plan if they are well enough to do so. Her contact information is email@example.com
11/20/20 Report cards available after 5:00 p.m.
11/25-27/20 Thanksgiving Break
CKS Travel Policy
Many have come to us concerned about families traveling. We all have to be protective of our cohorts.
In order for us to preserve face-to-face instruction of our students at school, we have to be extra careful with the choices we each make. We, of course, want our children to have all the typical experiences; however, we have to remember that making sacrifices for the short term will help prevent the spread of the virus, and reduce long-term negative effects on the school’s reopening and the health and safety of our children, faculty, and staff.
If you travel to or through any current hotspots, students have to quarantine for two weeks. The best place to go to check hotspots, which are states with 15% positive testing rates, is https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/.
Keep in mind that there are considerable swings and changes in all states and they can change even while you are traveling.
Parents will need to fill out this pre-screening form daily with respect to their children who attend Christ the King School. You may submit this either the evening before your child(ren) will attend class on campus, or in the morning before bringing your child(ren) to school; HOWEVER, if you submit this form the evening before and circumstances change between then and the morning, you should resubmit and take action accordingly. A SYMPTOMATIC CHILD, OR ONE WITH A TEMPERATURE OF 100.4° OR ABOVE, SHOULD NOT BE BROUGHT TO SCHOOL.
- When a cohort goes into quarantine, including the teacher, the students will use the full online plan that includes synchronous (or live-streamed video) learning.
- When individual students quarantine, without their cohort/teacher, or chooses to learn from home, he/she will use the hybrid plan that includes asynchronous (pre-recorded video) learning ONLY.
- When a student is sick with allergies, strep etc. or on a trip he/she will complete missing work as normal, using Google Classroom and Ren-Web to keep up. The student has as many days as he/she misses to make up the work.
Recent communications from CKS, along with links to COVID-19 Resources: https://ctkschool.net/covid-19
Prayer list: https://ctkschool.net/covid-19/prayer-request-list
Prayer Request Form: https://ctkschool.net/covid-19/prayer-request-form
If you would like to make a donation to those struggling during this time or if you need help, please contact us: https://ctkschool.net/covid-19/covid-19-tuition-relief-fund
Remembering Fr. Ray
Renrollment/Tuition/ FACTS: David Stromquist, firstname.lastname@example.org
Admissions: Amy Smith, email@example.com
Technology Support: Vince Mongiardo, firstname.lastname@example.org
Communications: Kelley Taylor, email@example.com
COVID Exposure, Positive, Health Related Questions: Shayna Elmore, firstname.lastname@example.org