Mountain View High School
February 3, 2021 Newsletter
Welcome to Mountain View High School. Home of the Mountain Lion. Our motto is: PRIDE!
Visit our website: https://www.thompsonschools.org/mountainview
National School Counseling Week ~ February 1 - 5, 2021
National School Counseling Week 2021, “School Counselors: All in for All Students,” sponsored by the American School Counselor Association (ASCA), will be celebrated from Feb. 1–5, 2021, to focus public attention on the unique contribution of school counselors within U.S. school systems and how students are different as a result of what school counselors do.
National School Counseling Week highlights the tremendous impact school counselors can have in helping students achieve school success and plan for a career.
THANK YOU to our counselors, Courtney Hillig, Serina Ramos, Kelsey Rosten, Jen Schwab and Ryan Smith, for all they do for students and staff alike!
2021-2022 Course Registration is Due by End of Day on Wednesday, February 3rd!!
Thompson Kids Can Change the World Contest
Deadline is April 5th.
Athletics, Activities and Clubs
-After just 1.5 weeks of training we had numerous personal best times!
- 2 Personal Bests for Savannah Willis in the 50 Freestyle -1 seconds, and 100 Butterfly -2 seconds
- Personal best in the 50 Freestyle and 100 Butterfly for Larisa Balster. 2 second drop in each.
- Olivia Greer swam a personal best by over 5 seconds in the 200 IM
- 3 Personal bests for Brenna Otteman in the 50 Free -1 second, 50 Breast - 3 seconds, and 100
- Free - 2 seconds.
- Personal Best in the 50 freestyle for Michelle Hanson, 2 second improvement
- 1st Place finish for Libby Himes in the 50 and 100 Freestyle.
- Divers Laurene Powell and Taylor Paterson finished 1st and 2nd respectively winning the 1 meter event for MVHS w/ Laurene scoring 187.30 and Taylor scoring 181.60.
- Girls Varsity basketball had a tough game against TVHS (29-63)
- Boys Varsity basketball came out on top of a close game against TVHS 65-63!
- Wrestling beat both Riverdale Ridge (36-33) and Centaurus (48-12) in their first matches this weekend!
Way to go Mountain Lions
Season B Sports
Here are the events coming up this week:
- Wednesday, February 3rd ~ Boys Junior Varsity Basketball v. Silver Creek HS @ 4:30pm - Away
- Wednesday, February 3rd ~ Girls Varsity Basketball v. Silver Creek HS @ 4:30pm - Away
- Wednesday, February 3rd ~ Girls Swimming v. Thompson Valley HS @4:00pm - Away
- Wednesday, February 3rd ~ Boys C Team Basketball v. Silver Creek HS @ 5:00pm - Home
- Wednesday, February 3rd ~ Boys D Tea, Basketball v. Silver Creek HS @ 5:00pm - Home
- Wednesday, February 3rd ~ Boys Varsity Basketball v. Silver Creek HS @ 6:30 pm - Away
- Wednesday, February 3rd ~ Girls Junior Varsity Basketball v. Silver Creek HS @ 6:30 pm - Away
- Wednesday, February 3rd ~ Girls C Team Basketball v. Silver Creek HS @7:30 pm - Home
- Thursday, February 4th ~ Varsity Wrestling @ 6:00 pm v. Berthoud HS - @ 6:00 pm - Home
- Friday, February 5th ~ Boys Junior Varsity Basketball v. Riverdale Ridge HS @ 5:00 pm - Home
- Friday, February 5th ~ Girls Varsity Basketball v. Riverdale Ridge HS @ 5:00 pm - Home
- Friday, February 5th ~ Boys Varsity Basketball v. Riverdale Ridge HS @ 7:30 pm - Home
- Friday, February 5th ~ Boys D Team Basketball v. Fossil Ridge HS @ 5:00 pm - Away
- Friday, February 5th ~ Girls Junior Varsity Basketball v. Riverdale Ridge HS @ 7:30 pm - Home
- Saturday, February 6th ~ Boys C Team Basketball v. Thompson Valley HS @ Riverdale Ridge HS 9:00 am - Away
- Saturday, February 6th ~ Boys C Team Basketball v. Severance HS @ Riverdale Ridge HS @ 11:15 am - Away
- Saturday, February 6th ~ Varsity Wrestling v. Roosevelt, Mead and Niwot @ Roosevelt HS @ 9:00 am - Away
- Saturday, February 6th ~ Girls C Team Basketball v. Berthoud HS @ Berthoud @ 1:30 pm - Away
- Saturday, February 6th ~ Girls C Team Basketball v. Fredrick HS @ Berthoud @ 3:35 pm - Away
As you know, events are always changing. To see what's coming and stay up to date on the schedules, check out a specific sport on our website or go to our calendar: https://mvhsathletics.org/main/calendar/
Go Mountain Lions!
Off Season Training
Off-season workouts are beginning for some sports! If you are interested in the following sports, feel free to reach out to the coaches directly to be added to their communication lists. All athletes intending to attend these practices must have a signed COVID waiver on file with the head coach of that sport. The wavier can be found on the MVHS athletics website (mvhsathletics.org)
- Boys Soccer (official season starts 3/8)
- Head Coach: Ismael Gallardo: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Optional Workouts (start February 8) - M, W, F @4:30-6pm East Soccer Field
- Girls Soccer (official season starts 4/26)
- Head Coach: Dirk Habig: email@example.com
- Optional workouts (Start February 8) - Tu, Th @4:30-6pm East Soccer Field
- Football (official season starts 8/9)
- Head Coach: TBD - contact Steve Frye for off-season information (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Optional workouts (Start February 1) - M, W, F @7-8am Weight Room
- Baseball (official season starts 4/26)
- Head Coach: Brian Smela (email@example.com)
- Optional workouts (Start February 8) - M-F by cohort A/B @4:15-4:45pm in Never Summer FTLA
- Track & Field (official season starts 4/26)
- Head Coach: Matt Hall (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Optional workouts (start February 1) - M, Th @7-8:30pm Weight Room, Tu @4:15-5:30pm Distance runners on track
Season B Athletes
National Signing Day
Mountain View Music & Arts (MVMA)
MVMA Needs Your Fundraising Help!
Do you have a student in the MVHS band, choir, orchestra, theatre, or arts programs? Mountain View Music & Arts needs your fundraising help! Please consider participating in our EASY ongoing fundraisers.
1. King Soopers Community Rewards: Link your King Soopers shopping card (the one you use to get store discounts and sale prices) to designate Mountain View Music & Arts as your charitable organization. King Soopers donates to charitable organizations based on the number of participants per organization and the amount they spend (it’s no longer a flat 5%) -- so the more parents (and students!) who link their King Soopers shopping cards to MVMA, the more we will earn! Get started here: https://www.kingsoopers.com/i/community/community-rewards (MVMA's organization # is: SB623).
2. AmazonSmile: Link your Amazon account to designate Mountain View Music & Arts as your charitable organization, and Amazon will donate a percentage of what you spend. Get started here: http://smile.amazon.com (MVMA’s organization # is 26-4794988). You can also use AmazonSmile on your phone -- just enable it in your Amazon app settings.
3. ShopWithScrip: Sign up for the ShopWithScrip program and install the RaiseRight app on your phone. Before you shop, purchase e-gift cards to spend at the retailer of your choice (750+ retailers are available!). You can also purchase actual gift cards to give as gifts -- perfect for birthdays or holidays! MVMA will earn a percentage of what you spend, which varies by retailer. Get started here: https://shop.shopwithscrip.com (MVMA’s enrollment code is B28155F75549L).
For more information about MVMA, including fundraising, volunteering, and upcoming events, go to https://www.mvmaloveland.org
Pianos, Digital Pianos & Violins Available for Public Purchase Thursday, Friday & Saturday, February 4-6, 2021
- Catholic Charities of Larimer County: 970-484-510
- The Family Center: 970-221-1615
- Goodwill of Colorado: 888-775-5327
The Salvation Army's website also has information about receiving utility help.