May 6, 2019
Happy Teacher Appreciation Week!
Here is a little background on today's Google Doodle, designed by this year's TOY, Rodney Robinson. The article also mentions a donation Google is making to Donors Choose for funds given today and tomorrow.
- Horace Mann has a Donors Choose Sweepstakes this week. Find the details here.
- This week only, get a free membership to the Texas Computer Education Association (TCEA), a $49 value. I have attended some of their Lunch and Learn webinar sessions, and there are other benefits listed on the webpage above
- NCTE (National Council of Teachers of English) is giving away some free resources, primarily via email, but has additional prizes each day.
Even Jeopardy's in on the act with the Teachers Tournament!
Spread the word: what special things is your school doing for Teacher Appreciation Week? If you tweet them out, feel free to tag us, and we'll retweet them! As a matter of fact, feel free to tag us any time, and we'll be happy to share the great things you are doing!
IMLEA Conference, September 29-30
Show a team of teachers (or more) that you appreciate them by sending them to the 2019 IMLEA Conference. Our conference website is now live. You may register your staff members (no price increase) and make hotel reservations (an increase of only $3 from last year.) Here are just a few of the breakout sessions that will be offered:
- eLearning Days Panel on Best Practices
- The Return of Katie Powell!
- Mindful in the Middle: Realistic Technology Integration
- Coordinating Services for Special Needs Students
- Problem-Based Learning in a Traditional Setting
- Digital Safety
- Developing Student Leaders through Inquiry
Deadline to Nominate Outstanding School Counselors
Register for Free CS (Computer Science) First Workshops
(Almost) Free STEM Kits from the Civil Air Patrol
Robotics Grants Available from TechPoint
Free Trial of Active History
- Not just for history teachers: Russel Tarr is also the man behind ClassTools.net, used by teachers in just about every subject!
Special Workshop Opportunities from INSPIRE3!
Lisa Crick, INSPIRE3 Northeast IN Field Rep, and Beth Smith, INSPIRE3 Consultant, will be presenting Three Free 1/2 day INSPIRE3 Service-Learning Workshop Opportunities for Educators, Counselors, Instructional Coaches. These three workshops are in different locations in Northeastern Indiana on June 18 and 19. View the details, content, and registration link of the workshops in the document below. Thank you for sharing this information with your staff.
Opportunities for Educators & Students
April 22-May 17: iLearn Testing Window Open
May 6-10: Teacher Appreciation Week!
May 7: InfoSys Pathfinder Applications Due (deadline was extended--again)
May 8: National School Nurse Day
May 17: Deadline to Register for Purdue Middle School Science Outreach (June 7, Ft. Wayne)
June 7: Middle School Science Outreach, Purdue Ft. Wayne
June 18-19: INSPIRE3 Workshops in NE Indiana
July 23-26: STEM event at Purdue
September 29-30, 2019: IMLEA Conference, Indianapolis Marriott North
November 7-9: AMLE, Nashville, TN