Northampton Parent Newsletter
News and Reminders
- Willies Spirit Night (3/4) - Join us for Willie's Spirit Night from 4pm to close!
- Field Day (3/6) -
- RSVP/Early Release: complete this form here if you plan to attend and/or will be taking your student early from Field Day. Field Day RSVP
Field Day Schedule:
9:00am-11:00am – All students will be outside rotating through games
11:00am-12:30pm – Lunch and rest (Closed Campus - no lunch visitors)
12:30pm-3:00pm - All students will be outside rotating through games
Field Day Shirts: Field Day shirts are in and they look amazing! We have about 150 students that do not have shirts. If you have not purchased a shirt, or would like to sponsor another student, please send $6 to the front office. Thank you :)
- Spirit Sticks at Lunch (3/20) - PFO will be selling spirit sticks at lunch on March 20th.
- Klein Serves (3/28) - Klein Serves is a day where Klein students will come together for a day of service called Klein Family Serves! This student-led event is an opportunity for the district to give back to the community that continuously supports our schools by working together on different service projects. Click the link to learn more.
- Ready, Set, Kinder! - Kindergarten Registration (3/31) - Do you have or know an incoming Northampton Kindergartener starting school next year?! Make sure to save the date for Pre-K and Kindergarten registration on March 31. See flyer below for more details and please share out with your friends and on social media.
- Carnival! (4/3) - Our Spring Carnival Fundraiser is coming up, April 3, 2020! Save the Date and look below for details of how to get involved. We are raising money to add a track here at Northampton!
We are collecting donations for the silent auction for the Spring Carnival. Please feel free to bring something for your grade level basket. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Kinder/PK- Summer Fun
1st- Backyard Campfire
2nd- Date Night
5th- Family Game Night
Amazon Wish List for Carnival. One of a kind Carnival Shirts can be ordered here.
- 2019-2020 School Calendar - Here is the link for the 2019-2020 Klein ISD School Calendar
- Lunch menus: Can be found on this website which is updated monthly.
Kindergarten Registration!! - Ready, Set, Kinder!
Pre-K Registration - March 31, 5:30-6:30pm
When?: April 3, 2020, 5:30 – 8:00pm
Where?: Northampton Elementary School, Park at Hildebrandt and take a shuttle over
What?: Our Spring Carnival will be a fun family affair. There will be attractions including large carnival rides, inflatables, virtual reality games, face painting and much more. Don’t worry about dinner as we will have food trucks and snack bar.
Why?: We are raising money to have a track added to our school for our students and the community. This will also allow Northampton to create and utilize nationally recognized running programs/clubs.
How?: Pre-order tickets packets coming soon. One of a kind Carnival Shirts can be ordered here
Please contact email@example.com with questions. We look forward to seeing you there for a evening of family, friends and fun!
Hello Colt families!
I want to make a shout out to all our volunteers, from the bottom of my heart THANK YOU! Without you, many of the awesome happenings at Northampton would be hard (if not impossible) to pull off. March is busy, busy so if you are a registered KISD volunteer we need you! We have many different volunteer opportunities coming up so if you are not registered I encourage you to do so. There is nothing like seeing your child’s face light up when they notice someone they love is at the school. If you have any questions about volunteering please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Have you ever wanted to become more involved and not sure how? Here is your opportunity. Each year, the PFO board members must determine if they would like to hold their position or move on. We will have open board positions for the 2020/2021 school year. If you have any interest and would like more information please email email@example.com. All inquiries will be forwarded to our nominating committee to potentially fill these positions. All PFO board positions require voting approval each year. The 2020/2021 PFO board will be voted on during our next General PFO meeting. If you would like to further support the PFO board without holding a specific position please contact the same email, firstname.lastname@example.org. We always welcome help, advice and ideas on better ways to support our school.
Our Spring Carnival is just around the corner! We are VERY excited about all we have planned. There is still time to jump in and help! Our next Carnival Planning meeting is at Panera Bread on Tuesday, March 3rd at 6pm. We can’t wait to see everyone enjoy a fun family night!
Carnival Sponsorship Form
March 2-6 - Read Across America Week
March 4 - Willies Spirit Night
March 6 - Field Day - Field Day RSVP
March 7-15 - Spring Break
March 19 - Spring Picture Day
March 31 - 5:30-6:30 - Ready, Set, Kinder!! Pre-K and Kindergarten registration
State Assessment Dates
Please plan around these dates when scheduling advance appointments.
4/7 - 4th Writing, 5th Math
4/8 - 5th Reading
5/12 - 3-4 Math, 5th Math Retest
5/13 - 3-4 Reading, 5th Reading Retest
5/14 - 5th Science
Northampton will be a closed campus (including volunteers and lunch visitors) the week of state testing.