News for the ELL Team
WELCOME TO THE NEW FRIDAY ELL TEAM NEWSLETTER!
We're going Spanglish this month in honor of Hispanic Heritage month with Feliz (Happy) Friday title! I'm trying something new this week with the digital flyer. Let me know your thoughts!
- The link for the MSU Hispanic Heritage Month Flyer is below. It lists events happening during the month of September. Feel free to display and disseminate. It can also be found in Canvas under Community Resources.
- Thank-you to the five individuals who submitted schedules to me last week. Please get those to me in the next few days.
- Look for an updated department contact page. It will be an attachment.
- Reminder that all department meetings will now be held 10:30am-11:30am. Adjust your calendars accordingly. See you next Friday 9/11 at 10:30am at Doling 3rd Floor Training Room.
Have a wonderful looong weekend!
I am using Canvas for more efficient and expedient means of updating forms, etc. Please continue to use it as a resource for ELLs and families and for communication with me.
- There are currently two discussions open that you need to view and respond to. Professional Learning opportunities are also updated on Canvas.
- The Interpreter Payment form has changed ever so slightly. Please begin using it immediately. There is a link to it on Canvas under Interpreters. https://springfieldpublicschools.instructure.com/login/canvas
- The Interpreter list will be updated and linked to Canvas. So instead of me sending everyone a new list in an attachment, you will be notified when the list has been updated.
- Special thanks to Rachel, Jan, and Dody for helping me get organized and somewhat up-to-speed on Canvas and Google Drive. They have been very patient with me!