Let Your Dreams GROW Wild! Dec 12 - Dec 15, 2022
Mr. Sheets, Principal * Mrs. Green, Assistant Principal * Mrs. Tokarz, Assistant Principal
-Sprouts of the Week- Perseverance!
Raven Matusko, Austin Minnix, Gia Rosales, Ethan Rose, & Andrew Meier
Leona Parks, Alexis Forbes, Breanna Shadell, & James Childers
These students are being recognized by their teachers for showing Perseverance- our character word of the week for 12/5/22-12/9/22
Students made bird feeders!
Garden Club Bird Feeders
SS Garden Cub students treated their feathered friends to Winter snacks of pinecones smeared with peanut butter and rolled in wild bird seed.
MSS garden students learned how to propagate pineapples during their weekly club time. Guest speaker Monica Yarbrough shared her knowledge with our gardeners on how to use the crown from a store bought pineapple to grow a new plant. As an added treat, students enjoyed taste testing fresh pineapple.
Garden Club Bird Feeders
Holiday Spirit Week!
CMSS Word of the Week- Loyalty
Each week, CMSS will have a Word of the Week. Teachers will use their Advisory time to discuss the word and what it means/looks like at school, home, our community, and around the world.
This week's Word of the Week is....LOYALTY.
Loyalty is a strong feeling of alliance or support. It derives from the Old French word loial meaning, "true or faithful in allegiance." Loyalty implies support, service, contribution.
Respect is earned.
Honesty is appreciated.
Trust is gained.
Loyalty is returned.
Green Thumb of the Week
This week's "Green Thumb" award winner nominated by her peers is Mrs. Missman!
Get Your Yearbooks Now!
Cafeteria Christmas Story Contest
Middle School Supply Fee (5th-6th) - There is a one-time $25 fee that includes all necessary school supplies and a class t-shirt. In addition to the supply fee, students are asked to bring a backpack, pencils, paper, and a water bottle.
The K-6th $25 supply fee can be paid during Open House (August 18th) by cash or check. Or you can pay online now at https://cabot.revtrak.net. Click on middle schools, and then select Middle School South
*Please note there is a fee for paying online.
FREE Breakfast and FREE/REDUCED Lunch Prices
Families who believe they may qualify for free or reduced-price meals based on household income are strongly encouraged to submit an online meal application as soon as possible through www.ezmealapp.com. This website is secure and confidential and is a faster and easier way for parents to apply.
Completing your application can help our district and students in many areas beyond just free or reduced-price meals. These include:
- Increased state and federal funding for schools to ensure students receive the support they need and deserve (district social worker, math/literacy/dyslexia interventionists) to help struggling learners, as well as many other academic needs.
- Discounts on fees associated with applying for college.
- Discounts on fees associated with academic tests such as the ACT and SAT.
- Access to two (2) concurrent credit (college classes) opportunities at no cost to the family.
What's for Lunch?
Pre pay your school lunch account here.
Menu: Dec 12 - Dec16
Monday-Chicken Nuggets, Pizza Pro Cheese Pizza
Tuesday- Chicken & Cheese Quesadilla/Cheese Pizza
Wednesday- Mozzarella Grilled Cheese, Pizza Pro Cheese Pizza
Thursday- Chicken Tenders, Mashed Potatoes, Black-Eyed Peas
Friday- Pizza Pro Pepperoni or Cheese Pizza
Cell Phone Policy
For more information about cell phones or access to the student handbook, click the link below
Box Tops for Education
Did you know that you can support CMSS through Box Tops for Education! Box Tops for Education is still going strong and each box top counts as cash for CMSS! Since 1996, General Mills has donated over $913 million to schools just like CMSS.
You can continue to send in your Box Tops with your student OR you can download the Box Top App and choose CMSS at your school. Then, simply scan your grocery receipt and CMSS will be credited for each eligible item you purchased.
media pages, or future newsletters for more information about the following dates.
- December 12: Christmas Alliance Donations & Gifts due
- December 15: Class Winter Celebrations
- December 16: End of Second Nine Weeks Grading Period
- December 19-January 2: No School/Winter Break
- Jan 3: Students return from Winter Break
- Jan 4-6: CMSS MAPs testing
Car Rider Procedures
Avoid dropping off/picking up your student in the parking lots. This creates traffic that could result in an injury to our students and staff. Parking lots are reserved for those parking and entering the building.
Morning Drop Off
- Drop off is 1 lane. Use the lane closest to the building.
- Please pull as far forward as possible when dropping off your student. This allows more students to exit the cars and speeds up the drop off line.
- Students will enter the building through the front doors.
Afternoon Pick Up
- Pick up is 2 lanes after entering the CMSS driveway. Cars must use the "Merge" lane to create 1 lane of traffic heading toward Kerr Station Road. Panther Trail is a city street and must remain open for through traffic.
- Present your placard to the caller as you approach the beginning of the car line.
- Students will listen for their name and go to the number called with their name.
- Cars will pull up to the number called. (#1 is near the 6th grade hall/closest to the Kerr Station exit/#10 is near the 5th grade hall/closest to the caller).
- Students will wait until the vehicle comes to a complete stop to load their car.
Cabot Middle School South