November 12th Jefferson Journal
COVID-19 Testing in the Wausau School District
The Wausau School District is offering free PCR COVID-19 testing to all students, staff, and even the immediate family members of students and staff.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO KNOW
- When? While testing began Monday, November 1, 2021, two mobile units will be available for COVID-19 testing starting Monday, November 8, 2021. The schedules for those units are below.
- Who is eligible for testing? All Wausau School District students, their immediate family members, District staff, along with their immediate family members, who are either symptomatic for COVID-19 or close contacts of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- What does the testing cost? Nothing. It will cost nothing to receive a COVID-19 PCR test. It is being paid for by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS).
- Will the Wausau School District test my child(ren) without my consent? Absolutely not. No student will ever be tested for COVID-19 without the consent of a parent/guardian.
- Who is doing the testing? The staff from COVID CLINIC is administering the COVID-19 PCR tests. They're provided to the District through DHS.
- If I'm a staff member, student, or immediate family member of a staff member or student, how do I obtain a test?
- For students: Parents have a couple of options for their child(ren). Parents can fill out a consent form below and drop it off at their child(ren)'s school. Parents could also bring their child(ren) to the mobile units for testing. There, they will be able to register their child(ren) for testing, or they could pre-register them at the link below.
- For staff and immediate family members: Staff members and/or immediate family members can either pre-register at the link below, or they can show up to the mobile units to register.
What kind of COVID-19 testing do the mobile units do? The mobile units do both antigen and PCR testing. However, the Wausau School District only accepts a negative PCR test on a student with symptoms.
- How long will it take to get results back on a PCR testing? The time is very dependent on the volume of tests the lab is processing. Right now, ( as of November5, 2021) it's taking 2-3 days to get results. If a patient does not see their results within 36 hours, they are being asked to reach out to DHS. Here's the contact information. Please note this is only for PCR results.
Phone: (866) 419-6988, 8 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday to Friday
Is any of this paid for by the District? No. The Wisconsin Department of Health Services is paying for the mobile units and to staff them, along with, paying for all of the testing.
November 18th: Hmong New Year Celebration 5:30-6:30
November 24th, 25th, 26th: NO SCHOOL
Kaum Ib Hli 18 Hmoob Noj Peb Caug 5:30-6:30 tsaus ntuj
Kaum Ib Hli 24, 25, 26: TSI MUAJ KAWM NTAWV
Remember to check out the Thomas Jefferson School calendar on the website to view what is going on at the school. The button below will take you to the calendar.
VIEW STUDENT GRADES – PARENT PORTAL
What can an Infinite Campus Parent Portal do for you? In today’s busy world information must be at your fingertips in a moment's notice! Put Infinite Campus to work for you by creating your personal Parent Portal. In just a few minutes you will be able to access some or all of these features:
● Check Bussing Information
● View Student Grades
● Print Report Cards and Progress Reports
● Pay School Fees
● View Payment History
● Update email addresses and Phone Numbers
● Set up personal notifications
Get Connected and Stay Informed –
Create or use your existing personal Infinite Campus Parent Portal Today!
If you do not have a Parent Portal Account already, here are the steps to create one:
- Email Tammy Steckling at firstname.lastname@example.org to get your activation code
- Go to https://wausauwi.infinitecampus.org/campus/apps/portal/authentication/account-activationkey?appName=wausau&appType=parents
Create your own username and password. Once you have established your own username and password, the activation code listed below will no longer be valid. If you experience difficulties, we will assist you via phone or via email. Or you may complete the technology support form
A Big Thank you to 3M & NAEIR for their Donation
This is just a friendly reminder to all of you that technology devices do not like being left in the cold, the heat or damp areas.
Leaving them in the cold will cause them to have different errors and issues. The battery will begin to die and the screens will begin to have issues as well. Bringing them into a warm room quickly after they are in the cold may cause condensation inside and also long term damage.
In general - you will want to avoid leaving any technology devices in extreme temperatures (cold or heat) as much as possible.
Leader in Me
New Faces at Thomas Jefferson
When there is snow on the ground, students MUST be wearing ALL OF the "Magic 5" to play in the snow: 1) Warm jacket 2) Hat 3) Mittens/gloves 4) Boots 5) Snow pants. We want our students to be safe and warm at recess!!!
Thomas Jefferson Teacher and Staff would like to say THANK YOU to everyone that donated treats during the Parent/Teacher Conference. The potato bar was wonderful and so were all the treats and appetizers. Your thoughtfulness is very much appreciated. Thank you to the following people Melissa B. Natthasinee K., Trinity G, Lisa C, Lindsay W., Rachel B., Kelly P., Aimee H., Megan I., & Sara B. and anyone else that is not listed.
Missing Crockpot: If you picked up a crockpot from the Teachers Lounge that is not yours please return it to the office. It has a name on it. Please check out your Crockpot. Thank You
Returning back to school from Quarantine
If your student has been Quarantined because of being ill and they received a negative PCR Covid test or alternate medical diagnosis from a medical practitioner, please send test results and any medical documentation to our Health Aide, Megan Bach, at email@example.com . Please contact Megan and send the test results and medical documentation BEFORE sending your student back to school. Any questions, please email Megan and/or call the Health Office at 715-261-0186.
Thank you so much!!
Link to WSD Covid Dashboard, Elementary and Secondary Matrices
We are working with the Marathon County Health Department to monitor and mitigate the spread of the virus in our community and our schools and will revisit our protocols as necessary at any point during the school year. Public health is a whole community effort and the District can not be successful on our own. Below are some practices that families can take, as well as, the school district.
COVID-19 DASHBOARD COVID-19 GUIDELINES COVID-19 MITIGATION STRATEGIES UPDATE
Important information needed
First Student Contact Information:
First Student policy required ALL bus riders to wear a face mask. If your student is a bus rider, please make sure they have a mask for the before and after school bus ride.
Field Trips require all riders to wear a mask. Please remember to have a couple masks in your students backpack so they are prepared when attending field trips.
Principal Mr. Johnson firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary Mrs. Tammy Steckling email@example.com
Building/ Office para Mrs. Colette Tranchita firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Megan Bach- email@example.com
Counselor: Ms. Sue Doerr firstname.lastname@example.org
Social worker: Mrs. Morgan Knetter email@example.com
Psychologist: Mrs. Amanda Melville firstname.lastname@example.org
Bridge Room Coordinator: Ms. Amber Sparby email@example.com
Mrs. Amber Channel firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Samantha Kniess email@example.com
Mrs. BreAnne Wais firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Renee Krautkramer email@example.com
Mrs. May Xiong firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. April Voigt email@example.com
Mrs. Kelly Hummel firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Katelyn Veith. email@example.com
1st Grade Teachers
Mrs. Diana Gartzke firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs Deb Treager email@example.com
Mr. Matt Schilling firstname.lastname@example.org
2nd Grade Teachers
Mrs. Diane Eder email@example.com
Mrs. Carrie Helke firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Taylor Frank email@example.com
3rd Grade Teachers
Mrs. Jill Ebersold firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Sandy Knoll email@example.com
Mrs. Heather Trollop firstname.lastname@example.org
4th Grade Teachers
Mrs. Leslie Ninnemann email@example.com
Mrs. Kary Riggs firstname.lastname@example.org
5the Grade Teachers
Mrs. Jen Davidson email@example.com
Ms. Emily Fritz firstname.lastname@example.org
Art- Jennifer Lingford email@example.com
Gym- Christin Sullivan firstname.lastname@example.org
Science- Tori Dienger email@example.com
Music- Sana Wressell firstname.lastname@example.org
Library- Jennifer Moore email@example.com
Mrs. Justine Callahan firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Kim Ickert email@example.com
Mrs. Jennifer Faust firstname.lastname@example.org
Gifted & Talented
Mrs. Cheryl Borta- email@example.com
Mrs. Paokee Xiong. firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Lisa Alexander email@example.com
Mrs. Halle Veenstra- firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Amy Akey- email@example.com
Mrs. Trenny Frahm- firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Michelle Debot email@example.com
Mrs. Eileen Thao firstname.lastname@example.org