Tiffu's + Tiffy's Meal Deals!
"From the T + T Food Services"
Tiffu's Meal Plan
- Base cost of $200 + $2 (per meal)
- C = 200 + 2m (Where "C" is the total cost and "m" is the number of meals)
- also known as y= 4x+85 or 4x-y+85 / 4x-y=-85
Tiffy's Meal Plan
- Base cost of $85 + $4 (per meal)
- C = 85+ 4m (Where "C" is the total cost and "m" is the number of meals)
- also known as y= 2x+200 or 2x-y+200 / 2x-y=-200
Don't Know How to Choose?
58 meals, $315, [point (57.5,315), but you can't by half a meal] will be the point in which the trend for each meal plan will intersect and the total will be the same for both the number of meals and the total cost. So if you are planning to buy around 57-58 meals than choose any plan!
Now Consider: (Based off point of intersection)
- How often do I plan to buy a meal?
- If you answered: I will buy one often
Your Choice: Tiffu's Plan because after the point of intersection (57.5, 315) the line for Tiffu's plan (shown on the graph below) is lower than Tiffy's line. Therefore this represents that the total cost (represented on the y axis) will be lower than Tiffy's plan.
- If you answered: I will buy one occasionally
Read the Graph!
- The lines represents the average rate of change between the 2 meal plans in respect to the total cost (in dollars) and the number of meals