What's the Buzz in 4Sc
October 14, 2016
Mrs. Schaefer's 4th Grade Class
Happy Friday! I hope you enjoy hearing about what we have been up to at school this week. Groups of students will be collaborating with one another to fill you in on our week of learning!
Our Week of Learning
- This week we started doing our reading groups.
- We also were observing pictures to practice our reading skills.
- This week we are reading Wake Up Missing for our read aloud.
- This week we started reading our lit log books and we were introduced to reading books on Epic!
- This week in math we have been learning about metric measurements. We learned about how to add the measurements together.
- 1m = 100cm and 1,000m = 1km.
- We worked on fluency for multiplication facts too.
Mrs. Krasinski's Class:
- This week we learned how to do standard algorithm, partial product, and area model for multiplying 2 by 2 and 3 by 1 digit numbers.
- We had a quiz on 2 by 2 and 3 by 1 digit numbers, area and perimeter, standard algorithm, area model, and partial product.
- For our stamp project we had to draw something historic to the Southwest and write a paragraph about it!
- What some topics people did for their stamps were: The Grand Canyon, The Alamo, Cave Art, OIl production and many more.
- In writing our project is the Seed Story. This week we finished pre-writing. We are also editing and publishing these stories.
- We followed the Writing Process for our seed stories.
- We won an extra recess because of having the most kids in our class that walked to school.
- Last week for grandparents day we made a power point.
- In music we played pass the pumpkin. It is were you get in a circle and pass a pumpkin around the circle.
What Stuck With You...
Helpful Resources for 4th Grade
There are tons of wonderful books available in this months book order. You may send a check in for your order or books are available to order online through Scholastic Books.
Book order due date: Friday, October 30
Reminders and Upcoming Events
Friday, October 21 - Fun Fair
October 24-28 - Red Ribbon Week
Monday, October 31 - Halloween Parade/ Party
Friday, November 11 - School Improvement: Half Day