As we enter into our phase of remote instruction, we are sending home 2 important items for students on Thursday (tomorrow). The first is for all students (whether in camp or in school). Each child will receive a progress report so that you can see how they are progressing academically and socially/behaviorally as we get to the half way point of the first trimester. If you have any questions on this, please do not hesitate to reach out to the teacher. Also, children in grades 2 - 8 will receive a copy of the MAP test that we just completed. This shows where each child is at in relation to the national norm in math, reading, and language usage. I am also including a copy of the grade level chart (see attachment below) for MAP so that you can see where your child scored. Again, if you have questions, please contact the teacher. Additionally, do not forget to schedule your parent-teacher conferences. They will be held virtually (via Zoom) on Mon, Nov. 16th and Tues, Nov. 17th. Just click on a link below to reserve a time.
- Ms. Patty (Pre-K): https://signup.com/go/wmyGiSd
- Ms. Raquel (K): https://signup.com/go/UoyKJvi
- Ms. Madi (1st): https://signup.com/go/ENkPKfO
- Ms. Josie (2nd): https://signup.com/go/qrgUtaf
- Ms. Iverson (3rd/4th and Intro Spanish): https://signup.com/go/QNtfOaJ
- Ms. Juliet (1st - 4th Spanish): https://signup.com/go/aFOjJoO
- Mr. Ivan (5/6 Homeroom and 5-8 Spanish, Science, and Math): https://signup.com/go/PbemJpV
- Mr. Farias (7/8 Homeroom and 5-8 English, Religion, and Social Studies): https://signup.com/go/fKsXXSB
Please note that we will remain on campus so we are here if you need anything while the kids are learning remotely. The teachers are teaching from their classrooms everyday from 8 - 12. The Pre-K and K will remain onsite for full days. The office is open regular hours. We will be welcoming students every afternoon for cohorts from 1 - 3 pm. In fact, we just received an update from the Tacoma Pierce County Health Dept that we can extend our cohort size to 10 (instead of 5). So, if your child needs extra cohort days, let their teacher know and we can work to accommodate that. Do not hesitate to reach out if there is anything you need. We are here to help!
Have a wonderful week,
- Wed, Oct. 21st - Picture Day, Last Call for Directory Forms for Families
- Thurs, Oct. 22nd - Father Michael is doing a workshop to build nativity sets with grades 1 and 7, School mass at 3:15 pm in the church. 2nd grade to host. All are welcome.
- Fri, Oct. 23rd - Last day of in-class learning for grades 1 - 8.
- Mon, Oct. 26th - Remote learning with online instruction for grades 1 - 8 from 8 am - 12 pm will begin. Afternoon cohorts will also begin this day. If your child is NOT going to be attending cohorts, please let us know so that we can fill the spot with another student in need of academic support.
- Pre-K and K will continue on site with regular hours (7:30/8 - 2:30/3)
Annual Fund Officially Begins!
Our Annual Fund Appeal has officially begun. This is our first major fundraiser of the year. The goal for this fund is $76,500. Your gift towards this fund provides a quality educational program for your student(s), new curriculum and materials, staff training, financial aid, and many other initiatives. There is a minimum donation of $25 for each family. If a donation is not made by November 15, 2020 a $50 charge will be billed out.
You can choose to make a one time donation or you can pledge a monthly amount. Consider giving $25 a month for ten months which provides a total donation of $250. All donations are tax deductible. Donations can easily be made online by visiting the following link: https://secure.lglforms.com/form_engine/s/o5kPfZnwU-9YPZxE8gatew
Thank you to the staff and families that have already donated!
Wreath and Poinsettia Sale
We are offering a fun way to knock out those fall fundraising dollars. Normally, we sell chocolates as our fall fundraiser, but this was obviously not possible due to COVID-19, as we did not want people selling these small dollar items in the community. This sale is a bit different. It is a wreath and poinsettia sale and the dollar value is higher, so we figure that people may be able to sell it to just family and friends (and via social media) without the risk of getting sick. As always, if you do not want to sell items, you are welcome to fulfill the contract requirement by just paying the $100. This can be done through Ms. Kelly at email@example.com.
If, however, you would like to try to sell some of these fabulous items, we encourage you to take part in this sale through Windmill Gardens. We will knock off $1 (of commitment) for each dollar sold through the sale. So, if you sell $50 worth of product, then you will only have to pay $50 to the school. If you sell $100 of product, you are all done with your fall fundraising commitment! This is true, even though we obviously do not get 100% of the profits. So, why not give it a try? There are beautiful poinsettias, swags, wreaths, and even Windmill Gardens gift cards. The sale is brief, though, and all sales must be completed by Nov. 1st!! So, there is not much time. Here is the info, though, if you want to be a part of this "fun"draiser!! Questions: Contact Ms. Nina at firstname.lastname@example.org
Instructions if you would like to participate in this online fundraiser:How to register as a “Champ” for your fundraiser:
IF YOU’RE A NEW CHAMP…
On a computer:
1. Go to http://farmraiser.com/champions/new and use the campaign code to access our FarmRaiser. Campaign Code: 227649
2. Once you are registered through either phone or web, you can log in to your online market by going to farmraiser.com and clicking the orange “Login” button in the top right corner.
On your phone:
Download the FarmRaiser app from iTunes or Google Play, open, and either sign in through Facebook or hit Register at the bottom of the screen. Enter your information to complete registration.
Once logged in, click the “Sell” tab on the bottom of the screen and enter your campaign code. You’ll see a message that you’ve been approved. You’re now ready to start selling with the mobile app!.