Ultimate Fighting Championship – Rumors, Facts and News
You might have heard of Bruce Lee, the most famous and the most formidable martial arts superstars of all time..
I am saying you might have heard of him but there was an entire generation that actually lived to see him fight and perform. He was actually responsible for bringing martial arts into the realm of entertainment, allowing the common people to know more about them and take them up as a recreational sport. He inspired people to take interest in these arts and made them popular the world over. His efforts also motivated others to bring different kinds of martial arts into the field of entertainment and thus, the Ultimate Fighting Championship was born.
Ever since the concept was created, UFC has taken the world by storm. Even after decades of its inception, fans still follow the fights and bouts with unparalleled interest, scouring the internet for UFC rankings, UFC latest news and more. But how much do we actually know about this amazing martial arts competition? Here are some facts about the Ultimate Fighting Championship that will help you understand its history better.
· UFC was established in the early 1990s, a time when the martial arts craze was at its peak. Naturally, there were other organisations existing at that time who were into the same kind of work. But none were able to match up to the pizzazz and force that UFC was able to generate amongst the masses.
· Royce Gracie was the first UFC Champion – a legend who totally lived up to his name. Those who actually saw him fight claimed that his style was a total revelation. He introduced Brazilian JuJitsu into the arena. With this amazing fighting style, Royce was able to take on and beat opponents that were far bigger than him. By the end of this tournament, Brazilian JuJitsu was seen as the best martial arts out there.
· Royce Gracie has been one of the most successful UFC Champions. He didn’t just UFC 1, but also UFC 2 and UFC 4. He very near won UFC 3 as well and put up an extremely good fight against the champion of that season. He returned to fight in UFC 5 and went up head to head against Ken Shamrock but the match ended up in a draw.
· Apart from Gracie, there have been several other champions who have made a good name for themselves in the arena. Names such as Dan Severn, Matt Sylvia, Oleg Taktarov, Ken Shamrock and Matt Hughes have been legendary in the arena. Matt Hughes is actually considered to be the most superior fighter in the world.
· In the early days of UFC, none of the rules and regulations that we see today used to exist. There were no judges, and guys would fight each other one on one, till someone tapped themselves out or were knocked out the match. The going was quite rough back then.
If you want to know more interesting facts about the Championship or are looking for UFC latest news, be sure to visit BJPenn.com.
About The Author
Gabe Jackson is a huge fan of the UFC and MMA championships and loves to write about the events in his informative and exciting articles and blogs. He recommends BJPenn.com as the best place to get the latest UFC news and rankings on the web.