February 12, 2021
Message from Mr. Elliott
Hello Hadfield Families!
Well...winter appears to be in full swing, but a warming trend looks to be coming soon! A reminder that we keep the students inside when the "Feels Like" temperature is below zero. When we have indoor recess the students have opportunities to play board games, build with classmates or do other activities like drawing or creating art. Mental breaks are important throughout the day and our teachers have students moving and dancing periodically to get the wiggles out.
Have a great week. I know that later this week we'll be building snow forts outside!
Did you know that Hadfield is a Title 1 school?
Our Title 1 coordinator and reading specialist, Claire Hauser has created a video that does an excellent job of explaining what Title 1 is and how it supports our students. Please watch this short video and contact us if you have any questions.
IMPORTANT COVID Protocol Reminders
- If someone in your household is getting tested for COVID all family members stay home until test results are available
- If someone in your household is positive for COVID do not send your child to school
- Do not send your child to school if they have COVID symptoms
- Do not give your child over the counter products to your child and send them to school. These products mask the symptoms of COVID
If you child has any one of these symptoms they should not come to school:
- Shortness of breath
- Loss of taste or smell
If your child has two or more of these symptoms they should not come to school:
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Fever of 100.4 or more
- Nausea or vomiting
- Muscle or body ache
Click HERE for more COVID reminders from the School District of Waukesha Student Service Team.
Random Acts of Kindness Day
- Hold the door open
- Give an honest compliment
- Thank someone who you appreciate
- Be a good listener
- Offer your help to someone
Enter this code when ordering: 56850J
This Week in Pictures - Great Things Happening at Hadfield!
How can we support our children as they explore the diversity within our communities? See the following newsletter from your school counselor for ideas to support this valuable social emotional skill.
2021-2022 New Year Enrollments Dates
Important Dates to Remember
Feb 19: 4K Site Placement will be emailed home
March 12: Elementary Intra-District Transfer/School Choice notifications will be emailed home