The Generals' Update
Your guide to DDE events and announcements: 10/31/2021
YOUR WEEKLY PEEK ~ LIFE OF A GENERAL
THIS WEEK'S SCHEDULE
- Thursday, 11/3 and Friday, 11/4: No School
For a comprehensive view of all sports, activities, and events, use the DDE Calendar of Events.
Therapy Dogs Are Back!
As part of our continuing efforts to support our students, Eisenhower Middle School will be hosting therapy dog visits this year. It is a voluntary program that gives students the opportunity to interact with trained registered therapy dogs while at school.
Please see the attached letter if you wish to have our child opt out. https://bit.ly/3CrGTWx
All paperwork/forms must be completed by November 2nd.
1. Click on the link to complete the Consent for Athletic Participation for the student's sport of choice.
2. Complete the following forms found in the Genesis Parent Portal:
- Athlete Health History Update-Winter 2021 (Must be completed for each season)
- Athletes Concussion
- Athletes Opioid Fact Sheet and Video
- Athletes Sports-Related Eye Injuries
- Athletes Sudden Cardiac Death Pamphlet
3. Complete and submit a Sports Physical and a Covid Clearance Form (if applicable). For information regarding requirements for WINTER SPORTS Physicals please use the following link: https://bit.ly/3aDSQw7
CALLING ALL 8TH GRADE STUDENTS!
Important information regarding some high school opportunities you may wish to explore with your child can be found here! These are optional programs your child may have an interest learning about.
Freehold Regional High School District-Magnet and IB Programs.
Please see the following letter from the FRHSD as it pertains to their Magnet program opportunities. There are direct links full of information for you to click on and browse with your child. Letter to 8th Grade Parents_Guardians Class of 2026.pdf
- Please visit the FRHSD Magnet Site for all information: https://bit.ly/3jotoO7
Monmouth County Vocational School District-Program Information
If your child is interested in one of the Monmouth County Vocational School District Academies including High Tech, Bio Tech, MAST, Allied Health and Communications please visit their website https://www.mcvsd.org/admissions/career-academy-admissions/
- For information on Career Academies in the Monmouth County Vocational School District, please visit - https://www.mcvsd.org/schools/
- To register for an information session please visit https://www.mcvsd.org/admissions/information-sessions-open-house/
Visit the NEW DDE PTO website for all up to date information regarding membership, volunteer opportunities, fundraising, and more!
NEW Spirit Wear Sale!!
Holiday sale! Please see flyer for details: https://bit.ly/3vUa6XC
- Students can purchase an individually wrapped regular bagel daily. Choices are plain, cream cheese, butter.
- Daily Options at the door (CASH ONLY)
- Bagel - $2.00/each
- Water - $1.00/each
FRONT OFFICE NEWS
HOW TO REPORT A STUDENT ABSENCE DURING A PANDEMIC
- Your child's name
- State the reason for the absence with specific symptoms. NOTE: Students with symptoms consistent with Covid-19 will be excluded from school per the NJDOH guidelines.
Lunch options will be provided and served grab-and-go. A la carte items will not be available at this time. There will not be any sale of individual water or milk. Students will be sitting at desks in the cafeteria and may remove their mask once they have their lunch and seated at a desk. Once they are finished eating, masks should be put back on.