Gambling Expansion in Illinois
by Caleb McGarvey
Why is gambling an issue?
Below I posted a link of effects of gambling. If people spot their addictions in their early stages, they can be stopped easily.
Gambling is also a problem in the sense of strict regulations and corruption. When major political leaders are on board with rich casino owners, some politicians break when offered money for political favors. Corruption is a huge problem not only in American government, but government around the world. It's crucial that corruption is cracked down on otherwise the government could fall apart.
Summary of Important Gambling Laws
- A person commits gambling when he/she
- knowingly plays a game of chance for money or other things of value
- knowingly makes a wager on a game
- operates a gambling device or establishment
- owns a book that was used to keep records of gambling
- knowingly sets up gambling events and/or lotteries
- knowingly establishes an internet website that features gambling
- A person is not gambling under these circumstances
- Offers a prize for the talent of another person
- Has gambling authorized by law
- Plays the game "bingo"
- Lotteries when conducted with the State of Illinois in accordance of the Illinois Lottery Law
- The purchase of lottery tickets through the Internet
- Raffles in accordance to the Raffle Act
- Any other assorted games in accordance with their respected Acts.