Ross Round Up
Engage. Empower. Educate. Every Day.
September 1, 2023
Hi Ross Families.
Our first full week was wonderful. 4th graders have started to review place value in Math, and 5th graders are experimenting with volume and practicing multiplication. Our courtyard is covered in beautiful sidewalk chalk art, and kids are making friends and working together.
Now we have a three-day weekend. What fun plans does your family have?
Starting on Tuesday, we will be focusing on our first core value of Leadership. See the poster linked below. I'll go around to each classroom to set goals with students and as students achieve their goals, we celebrate together. You'll see Facebook posts and YouTube videos of students showing leadership around campus.
- 4th grade students will get leadership opportunities by choosing to propose and run Lunch Clubs with the help of parent volunteers. Some of the ideas I've already heard from them are a Rubik's Cube Club, Lunch Club, and Lego Club. We need more volunteers to help this happen. Click the link below to volunteer.
- 5th grade students will have the opportunity to apply for CAST, where we chose 30 5th graders who live the Ross values to be our student leadership team. That team works with Mrs. Marshall and me to plan activities, tour new students, and build school culture. Last year's CAST team chose our new Ross Rams mascot by surveying students and parents and presenting their chosen mascot to the board. They get a real chance to make a difference at Ross. More information coming soon on how students can apply to be in CAST.
Speaking of Leadership, I want to offer a special thanks to all those parents (19 so far!!!) who have completed our Parent Involvement Survey. If you haven't yet, please consider clicking the link below to get involved.
Below you'll find three other links as well.
- One is a link to our Spirit Store, which closes September 5. Order shirts, polos, or sweatshirts for as little as $12 in youth, women's, and men's sizes.
- Two links are to follow us on YouTube and Facebook. We post multiple times weekly with lots of student activity pictures. Follow to get a glimpse into the fun your student is having at Ross.
As always, we love parent feedback, so feel free to reach out to your classroom teacher, the front office, or me with questions and comments.
Happy Labor Day weekend!
We want as much parent involvement at Ross as possible. Please click here to indicate interest in volunteer and involvement opportunities.
Join in Ross Spirit Wednesdays by clicking here to order Ross shirts, sweatshirts, or polos in youth and adult sizes. Store closes on Sept. 5. For free shipping, deliveries will be made to school and sent home with your child in late September.
Follow us for weekly videos featuring our Rossome kids learning and having fun!
School Picture Day
Thursday, Sep. 14th, 8:30am
610 North School Avenue
- Monday, Sept. 4--Labor Day (no school)
- Thursday, Sept. 14 during lunch recess--Lego Lunch Club (open to all students, with Trustee Joy Thomas as our volunteer)
- Thursday, Sept. 14--Dorian Picture Day
- Thursday, Sept. 14--Domino's Dough Night (mention Ross when you order and we get a cut of the funds)
- Thursday, Sept. 14, 3:45-4:45pm--PTA meeting at Indian Creek Elementary (come join us!)
- Thursday, Sept. 28 during lunch recess--Art Lunch Club (open to all students, with Trustee Joy Thomas as our volunteer)
- Thursday, Sept. 28 from 1:00-3:00pm--Jog-a-Thon (volunteers needed; watch for more information coming soon)
- Thursday and Friday, Oct. 5-6--October break (no school)
Who are we at Ross?
Each day at Ross we will:
Engage. Empower. Educate.
Our dream is to:
Ignite a passion for lifelong learning and personal growth so students will be successful in college, career, and life.
Our school values are:
We treat others with dignity and respect. We are ethical and humble in our actions. We are COMPASSIONATE.
We hold tight to our convictions. Decisions are made to make the lives of others better. We are LEADERS.
We are stronger and better when we work together. We are a part of a beautiful and diverse COMMUNITY.
We are bold, we take risks, we are flexible and willing to step out of our comfort zone. We are INNOVATIVE.