Greenwich Twp. School Board Brief
Regular Board Meeting October 10, 2023
YOUR BOARD OF EDUCATION MEMBERS:
Mrs. Susan Vernacchio - School Board President
Mrs. Erin Herzberg - School Board Vice-President
Mr. Andrew Chapkowski
Mr. John T. Goetaski
Mrs. Roseanne Lombardo
Mrs. Meghann Myers
Mrs. Fiona Paterna
Highlights from the Greenwich Township School District Board of Education Regular Meeting September 12, 2023
Mr. Tirico gave a presentation on Student Safety Data System Report, Period 2 from the 2022-2023 school year.
1. Superintendent Recommendations Approved
A. Resignation from Michael Snyder
B. Resignation from Amy Camp
C. Resignation from Gail Friel
D. Resignation from Nicole McGann
E. Hire Alice Nungesser as PT Cafeteria/Playground Aide, hourly rate of $15.00 per hour, two hours per day, for the 2023-2024 school year
F. Hire Anthony Camacho, Social Studies teacher, NMS, Step A, BA, $53,306.00, prorated, for the 2023-2024 school year, as per GTEA and GTSD Board of Education policies and regulations
G.Hire Rebecca Layton, PT Special Education Aide, BSS, 2023-2024 school year, prorated, at an hourly salary of $17.50, as per GTEA and GTSD Board of Education policies and regulations.
H. Submission of the 2023-2024 Statement of Assurance for District Mentoring Plan and District Professional Development Plan for 2023-2026.
I. Approve the submitted September 2023-2024 Statement of Assurance for Use of Paraprofessionals, to the County Office of Education
J. Ryan McVeigh, teacher NMS, approved as Advisor to the Fun & Games Club, at a stipend of $750.00, for the 2023-2024 school year, in accordance with GTEA agreement
K. Use of accrued personal days, above three in a year, for the following: Micheal Beukers and Chelsea Fagely
L. Course reimbursement for Miranda Coughlan, continuing MA program at Rowan, in accordance with GTEA and GTSD policies and regulations
M. Retroactive approval of the submission for the High Impact Tutoring grant, to the NJ Learning Acceleration Program: High Impact Grant. This grant is for grades 3-5 students who need extra assistance in the areas of ELA and Mathematics
N. Kimberly Orsini, teacher NMS, appointed as Homebound Instructor for the 2023-2023 school year, at a stipend of $35.00 per hour, as per GTEA and GTSD policies and regulations
O. Stacy Anuszewski and Sean Keane approved to the ScIP Committee for the 2023-2024 school year, at a stipend of $35.00 per hour, as per GTEA and GTSD policies and regulations
P. Appointment the following teachers to the Math Textbook Committee for the 2023-2024 school year, at a stipend of 35.00 per hour, not to exceed 10 hours, in alignment with the GTEA and GTSD policies and regulations: Kimberly Chila, Suzanne Pezzino, Miranda Coughlan, Tina Sayers, and Patricia Seiner
Q. Michelle Neigut, Teacher NMS, as Advisor to Art Enrichment Club, at a stipend of $750.00, as per GTEA and GTSD policies and regulations
R. Approval of the School Bus Emergency Evacuation Drill Reports.
S. Approval of the NJQSAC District Performance Review - School year 2022-2023, to submit DIP (District Improvement Plan) by resolution
T. Ryan McVeigh, Teacher NMS, withdrew from advisor to Makers Club
U. Approve submission of the 2022-2023 anti-bullying school self-assessment to the NJDOE. School and District grade reports issued during the 2021-2022 school year
A. 5 policies/regulations were abolished.
3. Curriculum & Instruction
A. Field Trips:
1. 6,7,8 Grade Band to BSS for first musical performance. 10/31/2023, $280.00
2. 6,7,8 Grade Band to BSS for Performance Holiday Concert. 12/14 and 12/15, $560.00
3. Elementary School - BSS - The Gibbstown Fire Company will be coming to the Broad Street School to present Fire Safety and receive a tour of the fire truck! 10/20/2023, $0
1. The following teachers will attend the "Reading for Meaning - Grades 6-12" workshop at Camden County College on 11/8/2023 at a cost of $149.00 each (total of $734.00), with mileage: Lauren Ernst, Ryan McVeigh, Stacy Anuszewski, Joshua Bomze, Michelle Neigut
2. Patricia Seiner, teacher BSS, "Math Talks; Questioning & Math Practices", Camden County College, 11/16/2023, $149.00 + mileage + substitute
3. Keri DeLorenzo, teacher BSS, "Igniting Creativity & Comprehension", Camden County College, 10/25/2023, $149.00 + mileage + substitute
4. Brianna Fowler, teacher BSS, two workshops: " Good to Great, Principles of Great Teaching, 12/8/2023, $149.00 + mileage + substitute and " Engaging Learning Environment", both at Camden County College, 11/28/2023, $149.00 + mileage + substitute
5. The following members will be attending the NJSBA Convention:
Roseanne Lombardo, School Board member, 10/23-10/26/2023, $318.00 + mileage + meals
Erin Herzberg, School Board VP, 10/24/-10/25/2023, $106.00 + mileage + meals
Meghann Myers, School Board member, 10/24-10/25/2023, $106.00 + mileage + meals
Scott Campbell, School Business Administrator/Board Secretary, 10/24/2023, mileage + meals
Dr. Jennifer Foley, Superintendent, 10/24/2023, mileage + meals
6. John Tirico, Director of Special Services, 3-part series, NJSPAFEA, 10/19/2023, Free, 11/16/2023, $150.00 + mileage, and 12/14/2023, $150.00 + mileage
4. Budget & Finance
1. Multiple tuition contracts - eight -
2. Professional Medical Services Staffing contract, substitute nursing coverage, approved
3. Nonpublic Services Agreement for Chapters 192/193 for the 2023-2024 school year, between GCSSSD and GTSD.
4. NJDOE Nonpublic Nursing Services Program District Monitoring and Recordkeeping requirements with GCSSSD to provide nursing services for the 2023-2024 school year.
5. Approval of Bright Bloom to support students with Autism in the classroom, no cost to the district
6. 2023-2024 Lunch Price List for both buildings.
5. Report of the School Business Administrator/Board Secretary- Approved
A. Bills Lists with payroll
B. Board Secretary Report - June 2023
C. Treasurer Report - June 2023
D. Fiscal Year 2022-2023 Transfer Report, to the Executive County Superintendent
E. Transfer List - June 2023
6. Buildings & Grounds
A. Use of Facilities request from Gloucester County Soccer Union Club
B. Use of Facilities request from Gibbstown Recreation Committee/Gibbstown Basketball
C. Use of Facilities request from Gibbstown Girls Softball
D. Use of Facilities request from Gibbstown PTO, Scholastic Book Fair
7. Old Business:
A. Adjust previously approved stipend for Miranda Coughlan, NJHS Advisor, from $750.00 to $1,500.00
8. Public Session : Public question and comment included such topics as upcoming school events, homework at the earliest grades, school climate concerns with regard to the discipline code and the increased staff mobility.
9. Executive Session - Yes
10. Adjournment: Meeting was adjourned at approximately 8:30 pm
Next Regular Board of Education meeting is scheduled for TUESDAY, November 14, 2023, at 6:30 pm.
The schedule for the 2023 Board of Education meetings is available online