Colts Express News
October 10, 2019
We hope that everyone is doing well on the unexpected day off today due to the water issue. Please take a moment to read over the plan for water tomorrow and a few announcements and reminders. Remember that next Friday, October 18, will be the day used to make up the today's missed day of school. Thank you and enjoy your evening!
Peter Olinger, Principal
- Drinking Water: As Joe Burke mentioned in the message to all FMSD families, the district has delivered bottles of water to the school and these will be distributed to the classrooms. It would be helpful if your child brought in their own thermos or water bottle with their name on it to help keep everyone's accounted for. Our water fountains will be covered with signs that say they are out of order. Restrooms will be open and available.
- Curriculum Night: Thank you to all those that were able to make it to our "Curriculum Night" this past Tuesday evening. We hope that you were able to leave with more information on what and how your child is learning in the classroom. I thank the teachers for their hard work in preparing for this event!
- State Report Card Grade and Palmetto Gold Awards: State report card grades for each public school in the state were recently released. I am happy to report that SES scored a 68 which is an "Excellent" rating! This is the second year in which schools are graded with this new formula. SES has scored an "Excellent" rating both years, and it was announced this week that we earned Palmetto Gold Awards for the 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 school years for these achievements. Thank you to the students, teachers, and parents for everyone's hard work to earn these achievements!
- Reminders about Morning Drop-Off: Please remember to keep your child in your vehicle until 7:05 when school personnel report outside for duty. We want our students to be safe and do not want them unsupervised. Students should also not be dropped off in the parking lot to walk alone to the curb. It is dark in the mornings now, and we do not want students walking alone in parking lot at risk of not being seen by drivers. Parents, please remain in the car rider line to drop off your child or safely walk with them to the sidewalk in front of the school. If you need to park, please safely pull back into the traffic line to leave when their is a pause in the line as cars are stopped to let out students. We know that we have much more traffic than in years past, but with everyone's patience and understanding our students care arrive safely each morning.
- October 11: School is on Regular Schedule; Last Day for Book Fair; Blue Pops
- October 14: Anti-Bullying Assemblies
- October 15: PTA Spirit Night at Charanda's
- October 18: Weather Make-Up Day
- October 21: No School for Students/Teacher Workday
- October 25: Box Tops Due