Welcome Back to School
Free and easy professional development
Improve your tech skills while taking part in school-approved professional development? What could be better!
Free PD for all VVS teachers courtesy of the Madison Oneida Regional Information Center and Model Schools Program
Model Schools Trending Technology Teams - Participation is encouraged by VVS teachers. For more information, contact Kathy Stewart - email@example.com
The purpose of the Trending Technology Teams is to provide leadership in response to national, state, and regional education initiatives such as Common Core Learning Standards, PARCC, and the MORIC 793 Committee goals. The Trending Technology Teams serve as regional networks for content area teachers to share technology integration best practices and create technology-rich units and lessons. Model Schools will introduce emerging technologies for members to explore, review, and evaluate. The Trending Technology Team members will virtually disseminate the work they do across the region as well as share the content of the meetings with their home districts. Districts are encouraged to have representation on each team. Meetings are 3 times during the year, locations TBD.
- Align with Federal and State Initiatives: Common Core State Standards in Math,
- Common Core State Standards in English Language Arts, PARCC, etc.
- Provide leadership in meeting the Instructional Goals set by the MORIC 793
- Governing Committee
- Formalize the Curriculum Committees’ Purpose: Exploring, reviewing, and evaluating emerging technologies and providing a regional network of content area teachers sharing technology integration best practices and technology-rich units and lessons.
- STEM - Formerly Math, Science, and Technology and Technology Education
- English and Language Arts - Formerly English Language Arts and Social Studies and Language Other Than English
- History and Culture - Formerly English Language Arts and Social Studies, Music, and Art
- Wellness and Occupational Studies - Formerly Family and Consumer Science,
- Health/Physical Education, and Business
- Interdisciplinary Education - Formerly Elementary Interdisciplinary and Special Education
- Library Media
Vision and Outcomes
- Explore, Evaluate, and Recommend Emerging Technologies
- Create Common Core Standards Aligned, Technology-Rich,
- Unit, Lesson, and Activity Exemplars
- Implement Online Opportunities for District and Regional Sharing