Mrs. Green's PM Kinder---DECEMBER
We have been busy!
Notes from Mrs. Green
- Please continue to go on the Lexia Core 5 program to support reading and literacy. 15 minutes every night. If you have an ipad the App is a lot of fun for our students. Please visit my eboard for more sites to support reading and math readiness.
- This month is just flying by. Please be aware that we have some half-days coming up. December 10th 10-12:30 (PM Conferences) December 12th NO STUDENTS (AM conferences) December 15th 10-12:30 (Evening conferences) December 23rd 10-12:30 (Holiday Dismissal)
- If you have not done so, please sign up for a conference.
- All of our PM Kinder conferences will be held in the Reading Recovery office next to the Library.
- With the change in the weather, this is a perfect time of year to practice zippering, buttoning and tying. We have 23 students to zipper at the end of the day...Whew! We are guiding the children in the steps to zip their coats and then put on their mittens, etc.
- https://www.youtube.com/user/havefunteaching Our students are working hard on learning to read and write their sight words. As part of that learning, we use You Tube videos to help with the process. I have attached the link for the children to review these words at home. Have Fun Teaching also has songs for letters of the alphabet, shapes, numbers. It is a wonderful tutorial for you to use at home. It is a You Tube site so I suggest sitting with your child when they are viewing the videos. HAVE FUN!!!
- Our 17 sight words are: I, a, to, the, is, like, we, and, look, me, am, my, see, said, at, go, on. The children have learned: I, the, like, am-- so far.
Mrs. Green's Wonderful Writers
The Art of Storytelling
We practiced telling the same class story from our own perspective. Trying to remember the details while working with a partner. We chose the story of the fire drill because it was something we all experienced. We talked out the details with a partner and then shared in front of the class.
We then talked about planning out our stories page by page. We have to think about something that happened or something that we did and practice telling the story with a "storyteller voice". We are learning how to put more and more detail in our pictures and stories.
We are hearing more and more sounds in words and beginning to use our word wall in our everyday work.
We LIKE Shapes but we really LOVE them!!!
PE with Miss Cari
We got to practice reading the words I and like.
Then we added our own words as part of the story.
Please practice reading this book with me at home!
Using only your pointer finger, point to each word as you read it.