29th: No School-Memorial Day
31st: Field Day
1st: 5th Grade Farewell Celebration
2nd: Awards Day/Last Day of School
End of the 4th Grading Period
6th: PTO Planning for Central at Hayes 2017-2018 at Tony's Pizza 7:00 p.m.
9th: Report Cards Available in Skyward
Enjoy Your Summer!
10th: Open House/Back to School Night 5:00-6:00 pm for Central at Hayes Families
14th: First Day of School
Central Earns The Triple Top 10 Award!
Field Day is Fast Approaching!
We can't wait for Field Day! It will be a fun time for all our kids on Wednesday, May 31st. Thank you for all of you who have volunteered to help! Please be sure you have completed a Background Check if you have not already. Thanks!
Below is a list of team colors by class. Please have your child wear this color, if possible.
This year’s colors will be:
Don't forget to put sunscreen on your children before they head out for school! There will be water stations available, but your child may bring a water bottle as well. We can't wait to enjoy the fun stations, the delicious hot dogs on the grill, and the snow cones! Thanks to Mrs. Lain and to all for your help on this fun day!
Yearbooks for Sale
Friday, June 2nd is a very special day here at Central. Students will receive awards for academics, attendance and club participation. Mr. Meyer will lead our amazing choir and Miss Erler, Mrs. Estridge, and Mrs. Jordan along with the fifth grade students will share a wonderful presentation as a farewell to Central School.
PTA and parent volunteers will also be celebrated! We will have a special refreshment area set up when you bring your child at 8:30 a.m. to show our appreciation for those who have helped out in any way this year. We are proud to honor all the hard work you have put in throughout the year!
The program starts at 9:00 a.m. Parents are welcome to attend! We look forward to an exciting ceremony! Hope to see you there!
Teacher Appreciation Thanks!
Our Central staff had a wonderful Teacher Appreciation Week! Our Central parents and PTA outdid themselves! Our teachers and staff were provided with several amazing, fun-filled days that we all appreciated and enjoyed so much. From rays of praise, to summer fun gifts, we all are so thankful for all of the many ways you spoiled our staff! None of this would have happened without the help of our wonderful parents.
Our week was topped off with all staff taking home a dinner on Friday night. We would like to thank Danielle Berg-O’Reilly at Duneland Pizza for their generous discounted take-and-bake pizzas that were truly amazing! Head out to Chesterton to sample other varieties at their pizzeria! We would also like to thank Wireman's BBQ for donating food for our delicious luncheon on Wednesday along with Roots & Sunrise Foods for the donation of the salad fixings. Delicious!
Finally, we would like to thank our fantastic chair people, Jaime Perz and Shelby Topping. You truly gave us a week to remember! Thanks to all of you who gave of your time and contributed donations. It is all so greatly appreciated!
*There are still some items left in the lounge. Please be sure to get your bowls, coolers, etc. as soon as possible.
We are Landowners!
Central at Hayes School Information
- Our PTO planning for the 2017-2018 school year will take place at Tony's Pizza on June 6th at 7:00 p.m. Families from Hayes Leonard that will be with us next year have also been invited to attend. Please feel free to join us!
- Transportation information, including bus stops along with pick-up and drop-off times will be made available at the end of July. You will be able to log in to your Skyward Family Access account, click on the "Student Info" tab and "View Bus Schedule" to see this information.
- Our Open House/Back to School Night will be on August 10th from 5:00-6:00 pm at Hayes Leonard Elementary School.
- Be sure to check our school website throughout the summer for new information.
- Don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions! Mrs. Sienkowski email@example.com, Mr. Slater firstname.lastname@example.org, Mrs. Dado email@example.com
Heavilin Elementary School Information
- The first Heavilin Family Event is on Wednesday, May 31 from 4-7pm at Valparaiso’s Central Park Plaza. All Heavilin students will be invited to participate in creating an 11-foot mural that will be displayed in our new cafeteria. Mark your calendars and plan to come meet your new friends at Heavilin!
The Heavlin Elementary PTO is looking for individuals interested in volunteering their time for the Copy Pool Committee during the 2017-2018 school year.
The Copy Pool Committee provides one volunteer daily for two hours (either from 9-11am or from 1-3pm) to assist the staff with all their copying needs.
This committees provide a tremendous amount of support to the Heavlin staff daily. If you are interested in volunteering please contact Courtney Trevino at firstname.lastname@example.org. All volunteers will be contacted by the Committee Chair regarding their request sometime this summer. All volunteers are required to attend a training session prior to the start of school that will address copy procedures and the usage of the copy machines. A schedule will be distributed prior to the first day of school so that the Committee is functioning on the first school day of the 2017-18 school year.
Parkview Elementary School Information
- Each year, Parkview teachers host an evening before school entitled “Meet Your Teacher Night”. This will take place on Thursday, August 10, 2017.
- In the meantime, if you have any questions over the summer about Parkview Elementary School, or the community in general, please feel free to contact Principal Anne Wodetzki at 219-531-3110. We look forward to meeting you this upcoming school year!
- The Valparaiso Public Library has a wonderful summer reading program! Check out the wonderful opportunities here. You can even take AR tests at the library this summer!
- All students will be able to use their Study Island accounts over the summer. This is an excellent way to help your child review and build their math and reading skills over the summer! Please let your child's teacher know if you need your child's login information.