Putting it all together!
Up to this point we have learned how to use Noteflight and Audacity. In this lesson you are going to learn how to put them together into one audio file!
Step 2 - Creating a Noteflight Melody
- Click Here to open Noteflight! (Log in with your Full Name and "music". If your log in does not work contact me ASAP! DO NOT submit the assignment telling me you do not have a log-in.)
- Go to New Score
- Select "Treble Clef" and hit okay.
- Begin writing a melody of at least 10 measures!
- Give it a title and don't for get to "SAVE"
Step 3 - Gathering Noteflight Melody
Once you are happy with your Noteflight Melody:
- Click the "Export" button
- Here you want to use the drop down to change the File type to WAV audio.
- Then press OK
- This will put the file directly in your downloads folder.
- Find the file and move it to the "Audacity Project" folder that you created!
Step 4 - Combining in Audacity
- Open Audacity on your computer.
- Go to File - Import - Audio...
- Find your Audacity Folder and select the Noteflight file you exported.
- Press "Open" - You will notice that the file is in Audacity!
- Press play and hear what they sound like together!
Step 6 - Finalizing the project
Once you are satisfied with your project you are ready to export it!
- This will make your final recording!
- In Audacity go to File - Export.
- Give your file the name "lastname_Audacity_Final"
- Find your Audacity Folder
- Press "Save"
- A warning box will display just press "OK"
- The edit Metadata box will show just press "Ok"
- At this point you should have a finished recording.
Congratulations you just produced your first Song with Melody and Accompaniment!