Eagle Update: January 8, 2021
Barton Hills Elementary
Hello BHE Families:
Happy New Year! I hope you all had a Wonderful Winter Break. We are so excited to start our new semester. Prior to the break, our staff learned together with the staff of O.Henry middle school and all of the elementary schools in the Austin High VT. We looked specifically at ways to improve blended learning - using both online and offline time to boost instruction and deeper learning. Powerful stuff! We'll continue to hone our practice as we begin the new semester.
When the district announced that we would resume school as scheduled this past week, you probably also noted that Dr. Elizalde mentioned four Asynchronous Learning Days this semester - January 29th, February 26th, March 5th and April 9th. I anticipate learning more about these days in the next week and will update our community as soon as possible on what the planned Asynchronous Days will entail for our students. More to come!
As Austin is still in Stage 5 and COVID cases and hospitalizations continue to rise, we are refocusing our efforts to keep our students and staff safe at school. For those of you who are returning to the building, I want to take the time to review safety protocols:
- Review expectations for mask wearing with your child (at all times in the school building and at recess, unless eating or drinking)
- Complete the COVID-19 Health Screener on the AISD App (every day for each child)
- All students and staff will wear masks that cover the nose and chin at all times, unless eating or drinking
- Please wash your child's face mask daily or replace the mask daily (some students need to replace their mask throughout the day)
- If you need masks for your child, we are happy to provide them
- While eating lunch in the cafeteria we will continue to spread out as much as possible and utilize plexiglass screens on our cafeteria tables. We will also run one air scrubber in the cafeteria and students will put their masks back on after they're done eating.
- Students or staff who do not feel well at school will be seen in our health room. Any person exhibiting COVID like symptoms will be isolated until a parent is able to pick up the student
- Rapid testing is available for in person learners. Please contact our Health room at 512-414-3336 for scheduling information. A parent must be present.
In addition to health screenings, face masks, and as much social distancing as possible, the teachers will review hand washing/hand sanitizing protocols with our students. When we're not in school, please continue to practice recommended guidelines from the CDC and Travis County Health Authority. Together, we can continue to have a safe learning environment for everyone!
Here's to a new semester of learning! As always, thank you for being a part of the Barton Hills Community! We're Stronger Together!
- January 18 - MLK School Holiday
- January 29 - Asynchronous Learning Day
- February 15 - Staff Development/Student Holiday
- February 26 - Asynchronous Learning Day
- March 5 - Asynchronous Learning Day
- March 15 - 19 - Spring Break
- April 2 - Staff Development Day/Student Holiday
- April 9 - Asynchronous Learning Day
Second Nine Weeks Report Cards
In an effort to increase data security, pdf report card attachments will no longer be emailed.
To access the report card please login to https://my.austinisd.org/ and click on the tile "Report Cards".
For report card questions, please contact your student's teacher.
If you are having access or account issues, please call Parent Technology Support at 512-414-9187.
AISD Calendar Feedback Survey
Austin ISD is currently working on the calendars for the 2021-2022 and 2022-2023 school years. The Calendar Task Force has worked very hard to prepare two (2) calendar options. Please take a minute to vote on the calendars that you prefer for each school year.
Please click on this link to view the calendars and to vote: Vote here
Or copy and paste the URL below into your internet browser:
If you have technical issues with this survey, please contact Cinda Christian at email@example.com.
If Your Chid is Returning to School In Person: Before You Arrive to School Everyday:
Austin ISD App
Click on the COVID-19 Screen and Go Button
COVID-19 Pre-Screen Questions
Answer four quick questions about your child's health. You have to complete the screener for each child.
Screenshot the GREEN GOOD TO GO page
You're ready for the temp check and school! You have to complete/screenshot the page for each individual child. Please make sure we can see the child's name at the bottom and the date at the top.
COVID-19 Pre-Screen Questions
When You Arrive at School
Look for the Blue Star stencils - they are a visual guide to maintain a six foot distance
Health Screening Checkpoint
This is where we'll check to ensure each child has been prescreened and take his/her/their temperature. If everything is good, students will get a sticker and can proceed into the building.
Car riders will stay in the car until the health screening has been completed. Walkers and bikers will be screened at the front entrance.
Health Screening Checkpoint
Browser History Reminders
Please note and remind your children their browser history can’t be cleared. Remind students that their browser history on an Austin ISD device cannot be cleared. Anyone who opens history on their device will be able to see students’ search history, along with dates and times.
How to Check Status on District Systems
AISD’s technology team has launched a webpage that allows school communities to check the status of district systems such as the cloud and portal, as well as Accelify, School Messenger, and Zoom, at www.austinisd.org/technology/status.