Heights Technology Associate
And an introduction to Smore!
Let me introduce myself...
Hello, friends! I am Judy Janssen, the technology associate (instructional) at Prairie Heights. This is my 18th year in this position. Each of the Prairie elementary buildings has a tech associate. Sometimes we are called the computer lab para or just "the tech". We all have somewhat the same job - to help students and staff learn about and use technology.
What does the Heights Tech associate do?
- Computer lab: create lesson plans and deliver lessons in collaboration with classroom teachers; maintenance of lab computers
- Hardware: First Responder - troubleshoot and repair problems with computers, iPads, projectors, document cameras, TVs, etc. (NOT classroom microphone systems, though)
- iPads: Install, organize and promote apps; supervise 4th grade iPad Pals (daily maintenance)
- Public Relations: collect photos of Heights happenings of all kinds; post on front hallway TV; send to district PR; Post messages to Announcements of Heights webpage
- Morning news: create slide announcements shown on TV daily before the news; direct the 4th grade news teams as they deliver the daily TV morning news
- Testing: Proctor MAP tests to 2nd - 4th grades twice a year; Proctor aReading (Iowa TIER, FAST) tests to K - 4th 3 times a year; Give district keyboarding assessment to 3rd grade 3 times a year; Give district Safe Schools Survey to 2nd - 4th grades once a year
- Staff Resource: find and recommend internet and iPad resources; curate ideas for technology integration
- Professional Development: learn about and try new technology! My Twitter PLN has taught me a lot!
- "Other duties as assigned"
This flyer was made with Smore!
It's another way to communicate with your students and their parents! I learned about it through the Summer Learning Series via my Twitter PLN! Watch! Yes, it's free! You can add audio, forms, video, etc!