BES WEEKLY NEWSLETTER
We have JUMPED right into JANUARY!
The BIG BEAR BASH was successful. Please let me know if you have suggestions or ideas to help us make things more efficient! If anyone is interested in reading The Leader In Me, please come by my office. I have a few copies to share--this is a great book on students leadership. Several have already read it and have started discussing The 7 Habits in their classrooms!
BIG BASH AWARDS
BIG things are Happening at BES!
We want to Welcome Ms. Tiffany Powell who has joined our Kindergarten team! She has jumped right in, and we are so happy she is here!
Also, we will be welcoming Mrs. Brittany Eldred to 2nd Grade on January 25. The great news is, that she will be joining us for Staff Development on Monday!
- Make sure you are monitoring kids at all times. This includes playground, hallway, bathroom, classroom, and dismissal.
- REVIEW AND REWORK (if needed) your classroom expectations!
- Please leave a note in your SUB PLANS that doors are not to be propped open--that actually happened today!
- Cell Phones should not be used during instruction time. (Timers on your phone are ok.)
- We are currently doing Renaissance Testing. If students are absent on their test day, notify Mr. Beasley and we will get them assessed.
- Please let us know if students are absent or tardy multiple times.
- If you are planning Spring Field Trips for your grade level, please contact Mrs. McCarter to discuss dates.
- We are having a lot of traffic in the office. Please be aware that the office staff are answering phones and greeting visitors. If you are not assigned to help in the office, please save personal conversations for after school. Thank you for helping us with this.
- TELPAS training coming soon!!!
Dates for your calendar:
- 1/18 Staff Development
- 1/18-1/22 Head Start Audit
- 1/20 Faculty Meeting after school
- 1/23 UIL
- 2/4 100th Day of School
- 2/8-2/12 RTI Meetings
- 2/11 Teacher of the Year Banquet
- 2/16 Spring Pictures