December 20, 2020
Next Week's Schedule
Tuesday (12/22) - School in Session
Wednesday (12/23) - No School - Break Begins
Thursday (12/24) - No School - Break (Christmas Eve)
Friday (12/25) - No School - Break (Christmas)
Return - January 4th
New things happening in the Valley!
Things that are going on.....
- We hired Enes Sunje as our new gym teacher. He is currently teaching in a charter school and has an extensive background. He presented himself as humble, concern for the kids, knowledgeable in his craft, and passionate about teaching. Please stop by and meet him when you get a chance. He begins on January 4th.
- Math meetings with students are going well. Hoping that the work that we are doing is enough to engage them in learning.
Semester & Quarter Mark
January 25th starts our Second Semester & Third Quarter. This will change Specials for the students. Below you will find the classes that are assigned to the different Specials.
Art - Roddy, Stark, Rees, Metcalfe, Susalla and Strohm
Gym - Phillips, Kowalski, Shawnee Classes
Music - Laichalk, Kroll, Tech, Avila, Chimenti
Science - Shawnee Classes
CVVA Materials Pick Up
What's Happening in 1st Grade with Mrs. Kroll...
What's Happening in 1st Grade with Ms. Avila & Mrs. Strohm.....
Here is a little 1st Grade update! ( This is for Avila & Strohm's classes!)
For the last 3 weeks, 1st graders have been traveling the globe learning about how other countries celebrate the holidays! We have visited Israel, Germany, Mexico, Africa, Italy, and brushed up on our traditions in the USA!
We read stories, made crafts, and learned facts about each of these unique countries! It was a month full of learning and lots of "travel "
Check out these pictures from Ms. Avila & Mrs. Strohm's students!
What's Happening in 5th Grade with Ms. Laichalk....
We had sweatshirt day today, and we finished our Mold Terrarium experiments for science today.
Elaine and Greg Adamo, a husband and wife team, are the founders of the organization. After going through some tough times during 2008 and 2009, they decided to start Christmas in Clinton Township. They have gone through hard times and know how stressful it can be for parents to raise a family under those circumstances. Unfortunately, not many people have the support of family and friends to pull through tough times, so they decided to bring the network to them, bringing Christmas joy during the holiday season.
Since I have been Principal of Clinton Valley, they have made donations to our families each year. I am very grateful for this organization. This year they blessed us with $2,000 worth of Gift Cards to give to families in need. These families have already been called by our Social Worker, Monica Weaver, to come to the building to pick up the gift cards. We have been able to bless families in enough time for the Holidays.
Thank you, Christmas in Clinton Township! We appreciate your generosity.
If you would like to donate to this organization, please visit their website at https://christmasinclintontwp.com/
Reading Videos Resources
Goal Setting for Your Student
Students learn why they should set goals and how goals will help them succeed in school and life. Students are taught to think about what they want and plan to do what is needed to meet their goals.
The students will understand how to recognize the importance of goals and goal setting.
- Goals – Something you plan to do or want to do either now or in the future.
- Setting goals help you succeed. It helps you to stay focused on the goal.
- Goal setting can teach you how to be responsible, use time wisely, and to keep trying.
- It’s important for you to plan how you will meet your goals.
Continue the Conversation:
- Why is it important for you to set goals?
- How can setting goals help you with your schoolwork?
- Name three reasons why you should set a goal?
- Tell how you will set a goal?
- How will setting goals now prepare you for the future?
Follow Up Activity/Prompt
- Have the students journal a school goal and a life goal. Next, have them journal how they will use goal setting strategies to reach those goals.
- Have kids brainstorm ways to help them set goals.
Additional activities/resources/suggested reading:
Read the book “The Thing That Lou Couldn’t Do.” Then discuss or journal how she set goals to help her through the thing she could not do. Have students share an idea of another way she could have reached her goals.
Resources for Kids:
Resources for Adults: