Hawk's Eye View - Parent Edition
September 18, 2020
Vision, Mission, Core Values, Collective Committments
Mission: As a community, we will ensure all students achieve academic success and develop social skills needed to care, connect, and collaborate throughout their lives.
Teamwork: We achieve more collectively than individually
Integrity: We are honest and ethical
Growth: We believe that everyone can grow academically and socially through perseverance and focus
All Things E.Q. Motto of the Week
Important Return to Campus In-person Information
Coming Soon - Virtual Campus Tour!
District update - Mask Clarification
Please read the following excerpt from the DVUSD 9-18-2020 Parent Update
DVUSD will follow MCDPH’s guidance on face masks, which requires staff and students to wear a cloth face mask. Neck gaiters, bandanas and valve masks are not allowed as MCDPH has identified these as less effective. (MCDPH - Not All Masks Are Created Equal). Although we know that some may prefer one of these coverings, we are using what MCDPH is advising is the most effective. By doing so, this increases our chances of continuing in-person school with minimal disruptions.
When selecting a mask, choose a mask that:
Fits snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
Completely covers the nose and mouth
Include multiple layers of fabric
If you wear glasses, find a mask that fits closely over your nose or one that has a nose wire to limit fogging
Important Grade Information
Teachers will finalize grades for the 1st quarter three (3) days prior to the grade-level phase in date for returning on-campus or starting DVOA courses.
Assignments after Q1 grades are finalized will contribute toward 2nd quarter grades. Scores for submissions will be recorded in Canvas along with feedback from teachers. Due to term dates for Q1 & Q2, assignments and scores for Q2 will not be posted in PowerSchool until October 14th.
Parents can monitor their child’s course progress and assignment submissions by creating a parent observer account for Canvas.
Tips for Return to School In-Person
Free Meals Return!
Due to recent changes in meal program regulations, Deer Valley Unified School District will once again be able to offer free breakfast and lunch meals to ALL children ages 18 and under, at numerous locations.
- This is effective immediately, and anticipated to continue thru December 2020.
- No pre-certification is necessary to receive meals for free.
- Meals are available for ALL children ages 18 and under, not limited to enrolled DVUSD students.
- Parents/Guardians may pick up meals for children. Verbal verification of child name(s) and date(s) of birth is required to assure meals are going to children.
- Free meals will continue to be available under all instructional options, including in-person and distance learning.
- Continue to monitor www.dvusd.org/food for more information regarding meal service hours and locations.