January 10th - January 15th
Teacher of the Year
First, let me start by saying "Thank You" for your commitment to using last week as a reset for our student culture. Your continued efforts along with some strategic classrooms changes have really helped with our hallway transitions. I observed a sense of urgency with making transitions timely in order to protect our students learning time. In addition, there was a feeling of team in the gyms during morning announcements and it truly felt like and looked like we were all on the same page. Finally, I noticed everyone on duty last week reporting to their duty assignment in a timely fashion. Thank you again for your continued efforts and "all in" mindset.
In other news, we were able to announce our Teacher of the Year representative last week. We had four nominations for our building and they included: Harmony Fuller, Tyson Luneau, Marilyn Pippin, and Lois Ahrend. Congratulations to all of the nominations and a special congratulations to Lois on being selected to represent East Central Junior High as our Teacher of the Year (hence the sheet music in the background).
Finally, I have added two data points for review. Last Thursday, everyone should have received an email with individual Tripod data scores. These scores are one piece of the multiple measures scores used in evaluations. The data below shows our overall scores as a school from 2014 and 2015. As you will see, we had significant improvement in our overall scores in 6 of the 7 components as well as in our overall composite score. I encourage you to take time to look at your individual Tripod data and use the results to identify areas of opportunity to grow in during this second semester of the school year. On a side note, there will be one more round of student surveys later in the second semester and the multiple measures will only take into account your highest score.
Thanks again for a great first week back!
2014 Tripod Data
2015 Tripod Data
Morning Duty Assignments
- What is your favorite movie? The Good, The Bad and The Ugly and Bond 007.
- What do you do to relax? I enjoy playing with my dogs Abby and Gracie.
- Who inspires you? My children - Jennifer and Travis.
- If I could travel anywhere it would be...Anywhere, USA.
- My favorite music/artist is...Beatles, Mama's and the Papa's, Hank Williams Jr.
- Who would you like to interview next? Carmeleta Chancy
Week At a Glance
Sunday, Jan. 10th, 7am to Saturday, Jan. 16th, 9am
12121 East 21st Street
Saturday January 10th -
- Lesson Plans Due
Monday January 11th -
- LDC Training - Language Arts @ Wilson
- POD Meeting - 3:30-4:30
- Basketball vs. Memorial JH @ Memorial H.S. - 5:30
Tuesday January 12th -
- LDC Training - Science @ Wilson
- Lang. Arts and Social Studies PLC's in Library
- Report Cards mailed home.
- Detention/Tutoring - 3:30-4:30
Wednesday January 13th -
- LDC Training - Social Studies @ Wilson
- Reading, Science and Math PLC's in Library
- TNTP Site Visit
- Fire Drill @ 3:15
- Basketball vs. KIPP @ ECHS - 5:30
Thursday January 14th -
- MDC Training - Math @ Wilson
- Detention/Tutoring - 3:30-4:30
- Basketball vs. Monte Cassino @ Monte Cassino @ 5:30.
Friday January 15th -
- Professional Development Day - ECJH/Wilson
Jan. 18th - No School - MLK Jr. Day
Jan. 21st - IOC Drill @ 9:30
Jan. 29th - January Student of the Month recognition
Feb. 1-4 - LDC/MDC Training
Feb. 5th - Early Release Friday