The Shark Scoop
Naples Park Elementary Newsletter
A Note From The Principal
Dear NPE Families:
November has not failed us, it has been quite a busy month and December is looking pretty busy as well. I participated in my first CCPS 5K and was amazed that thousands of students, staff and community came out for this event. Thank you to all of our NPE members that joined us. We had a blast and even earned a medal for finishing!
I hope that you all have a chance to spend some quality time with your families or plan to during our fall and winter holiday breaks. I am excited to experience some “firsts” here at NPE. My first Thanksgiving Banquet, my first Breakfast with Santa and the thing I am most excited for is my first ever winter without snow! I couldn’t have picked a better community to experience these things with. I also want to send out a big thank you to all the parents and staff that have helped with these events. I know that the holiday season makes it hard to fit everything in and we appreciate all that you do!
I would also like to take this opportunity to thank the staff, students and parents for their continued support. Our school is truly a community and it is at this time of year when the closeness of friendship shines in our students` faces. The new-year will bring new learning experiences, new challenges and new fun. I look forward to what lies ahead for us as NPE in 2020. Have a super holiday season and thank you for partnering with the NPE staff in educating your child.
Again, thank you for all that you do to make Naples Park such a great place to learn!
Your Child’s Principal
We have created a brief survey to get feedback on how we are doing so far with our NPE families. We would love for you to fill this out in the next few weeks so we have time to review and adjust as needed. Thank you, Michelle Auger & Melissa Stamper
A Note from the Assistant Principal
Dear Shark Families,
I hope that you have a very relaxing and enjoyable holiday break with your loved ones. This is also the perfect time to choose an exciting book to read with your child. Reading with your child at home helps to build their vocabulary, cognitive skills, and most importantly, it helps to cultivate a lifelong love of reading. If you are looking for some fun ways to read over the break, check out our holiday reading challenge below! Have fun!
Naples Park Elementary
REMEMBER: NEW CELL PHONE LAW IS NOW IN EFFECT!
A new state law made texting while driving a primary offense as of July 1. ... The second part of the law takes that a step further, making it illegal to use a handheld cell phone while driving in a designated school crossing, school zone or active work zone area.
**Please remember this includes the drop off and pick up lines. We want to make sure all of our students and staff are safe when loading and unloading each day.
Tip for Parents from our Reading Coach
News from the Media Center
Here are some Important Dates:
- NO School November 25-29, 2019
- Kindergarten Spirit Night Wednesday, December 4th 5-8PM @ Tijuana Flats
- Breakfast with Santa, December 14, 2019 8 AM-12:00 PM
- Family STEAM Morning December 20th at 7:45AM
- Literacy/STEAM Night-January 28, 2020 5:30 PM-7:00 PM
- Winter Break December 23, 2019-January 6, 2020
3 R's Character Student of the Month
NPE Cafeteria 8:35 a.m. (parents invited)
- Trustworthiness - December 20th
- Self-Control – January 31st
- Kindness - February 28th
- Acceptance - March 27th
- Determination - April 24th
- Leadership - May 22nd
Early Release Days: (students dismissed starting at 11:50 AM)
- December 20, 2019
- February 26, 2020
- May 29, 2020
- June 3, 2020
- HURRICANE PREPAREDNESS - Planning ahead and having a hurricane preparedness plan for your family is very important. Be Ready Florida offers a FREE library of hurricane preparedness and safety videos to help you and your family prepare for a storm.
- ALERT COLLIER EMERGENCY NOTIFICATION SYSTEM - Alert Collier is Collier County's new mass notification system. Enrolled residents can receive emergency alerts from Collier County Emergency Management via voice call, text, or e-mail. Click here to learn more and sign up.
- COLLIER COUNTY EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT - The Bureau of Emergency Management offers helpful emergency preparedness information and resources on its website. Click here to access their resources.
Please update your contact Information NOW! We want to make sure your contact information is up to date so we can contact you in case of an emergency.