A Cordelia Hills Staff Update, 8/24/2018
1. To All The Twitter-ites: Thank you so much to all of the staff members who are tweeting our story and the wonderful things going on in our classrooms and school. It is amazing to see some of the innovation that is taking place!
2. PBIS Paw Pride Authors: Thank you to the staff members who have already been writing Paw Prides. Remind students to place them in the Pride bucket on the stage. Also, I WILL ALWAYS TAKE GOOD NEWS REFERRALS. They are located in the office. Grab one, take the time to write it, and I will MAKE A HUGE DEAL OF IT!
3. Mr. Amos for shuttling books and boards and materials and everything under the sun around the school. We appreciate it and remember, you can't take my pull over out of the lost and found!
4. Mr. Byland for being the Illuminate Jedi Master and for holding a mini-workshop on getting your gradebooks up and running!
Back to School Night
Walkthroughs to Begin
Remember, we need to keep goal setting at the forefront of our TO-Do-List. As you discover more about your students and their learning needs and desires, we need to goal set for ourselves, our class, and for individual students. Our focus is growing ALL students. We can't do that well if we aren't setting relevant, applicable goals. We will speak more about this at the next staff meeting but get it on your radar if you haven't already done so!
Team Drive for all Schedules and Calendars includes Bell Schedule, District Calendar, Release Schedule, Release Make-Up Schedule, and Duty Schedule. Please refer to this for all the info. If you see a mistake or need assistance, please let me know right away.
PBIS Reminders and Information
Remember, our PBIS info is below. You should be using the set of lessons (feel free to spice them up) in the drive to teach and reinforce school wide expectations about all of our common areas. Two important areas of focus:
1. Remember, students should be walking to line after recess whistles. Also, please communicate with each other about what areas you are supervising during your recess duties.
2. Students should use the bathroom (as much as possible) during the recess time and not after the whistles have blown. We want to direct them to safely walk to line.
3. Ticket our students who are displaying Safe, Responsible, Respectful behaviors. We have good news referrals and Paw Prides in the staff workroom. Check them out! Good news referrals come to me, Paw Prides go in the Pride bucket found in the MPR.
Again, please check your email and read the two emails from Shelley Ghannam concerning MAP testing and Early Literacy assessments. You should mark those emails and some of the information won't actually be used for a few weeks but you don't want to lose track.
Lastly, remember that you everything you do in your classroom informs your knowledge about student need. We don't need to wait for MAP or Unit Assessments to get our groups up and running and to start providing targeted assistance to our students.
8/17-8/31: Z Best Fundraiser for Upper Grades Only (More information to come)
8/20: Trotter @ Level Mtg 2:30
8/21: Trotter RSP Interviews for .5 position @ 3:15
8/22: Trotter @ JURY DUTY
8/28: Back to School Night @ 6:00-7:30
8/30: Trotter @ LEA Designee Training @ 3:30-5:30
9/3: Labor Day, No School
9/4: Staff meeting @ 3:10
9/6: IPR @ CHE Library at 3:10
9/7: Dine and Donate at Mountain Mikes
9/12 or 9/27: Picture Day (we have discrepancies over the date and time and will confirm asap).
9/17-9/21: **Book Fair, CH Library**