Preparing for FDK!
Kim's Transition Plan for FDK
What is a a Transition Meeting?
- meet with key people involved in the transition process
- discuss your child's support needs
- clarify what needs to happen to make starting school as successful as possible
How Should I Prepare for the Meeting?
- information about your child's personality and strengths
- your vision for your child
- what is important to you in relation to your child starting school
What Will Be Discussed?
1. Curriculum (Key Learning Areas) - how the curriculum and teaching methods may need to be individualized and modified for your child in order to achieve the education outcomes
2. Communication - including your child’s ability to communicate through expressive and receptive communication
3. Participation - social competence and safety
4. Personal Care - hygiene, eating and dietary and health care procedures which are needed
5. Movement - mobility, positioning and fine motor skills which may impact on your child’s participation in learning activities
Kim's Transition Meeting
Friday, Dec. 4th, 4:15pm
Central Elementary School
- a support person to take notes, and be an “extra set of ears”
- an early child interventionist professionals who have worked with your child and family
- your child’s early childhood education (ECE) teacher