monthly library report: April 2015
Collaboration & Instructional Units
Mac Barnett & Jory John author visit (2nd-5th)
Book Fair wish lists & browsing
Planning & Management
- Processed new books
- Processed & labeled Grant books from GSSA Whole Foods Market Austin
- Author visit preparation
- Submitted application for more library Nooks
- Summer Reading Kick-Off planning
- All things Book Fair
- Sent lost book notices
- Author visit decor planning w/Hansen 4/2
- Tech help from Sonya 4/8
- New volunteer orientation, Isabel DeLeon 4/8
- Book Fair planning meeting with Rep 4/9
- Texas Library Association conference 4/14-17
- Summer Reading Kick-Off planning meeting 4/23
- Meeting with mentor librarian 4/24
- BookPeople meeting 4/24
Perez Reads Initiatives
April books displayed- New books!
Distributed AR planet pins, lanyards, stickers
Update Library twitter
Raised $3263 to buy books for students & library!
Miscellaneous Library Use
- RED day volunteers to finish library mural 5/14
- Summer Reading Kick-Off 5/21 5:30-7:00
- All library books due by 5/22
A chance to win!
- He created the Echo Park Time Travel Mart, a convenience store for time travelers.
- He got his idea for his first book while in the shower.
- He has a dog- also named Mac.
pssst: if you haven't seen his TED talk yet, you really should! https://www.ted.com/talks/mac_barnett_why_a_good_book_is_a_secret_door?language=en