Empowering Students: Engaging, Supporting, Succeeding
September 16, 2022
What's Happening in September
- Sun. September 18: Military Service Academy Virtual Information Session (11:00 am) - hosted by Congressman Bill Foster. Click Here for Flyer.
- Mon. September 19: Mutual Ground - Virtual Parent Program (Pre-K, 1st, 4th & 5th grade Parents/Guardians) 6:00-7:00pm - Click Here for Flyer.
- Tues. September 20 (4:30-6:00pm) - Open Interviews @ SD 308: See below for more info
- Tues. September 20 (6:30-7:30pm) - Special Education 101 Virtual Meeting Click Here for meeting and sign-in Information
- Wed. September 21 (8:00 pm) - Signs of Suicide: Webinar for parents and educators. "More Than Moody: Suicide, Let's Talk About It", by: Harold Kopewicz, M.D.
From Elyssa’s Mission: This is a FREE virtual event presented by our community ally, the Glenbard Parent Series. This information is equally relevant for parents, educators, clinicians—and anyone else directly interacting with children and teens. Help arm yourself with essential tools to not only identify warning signs of depression and suicide, but also foster resiliency and independence in our youth! To Register, click here
- Thur. September 22: Northern Illinois Food Bank Mobile Pantry at Long Beach, 5-6:30pm
- Mon. September 26: Board of Education Meeting 7:15pm - at OEHS or live stream
- Wed. September 28 (6-7:30pm): Community CHAT: Together for Mental Health" Virtually Click Here for Flyer
For complete District Calendar of Events, please click here.
PRIDE (Proudly Recognizing Individuals Demonstrating Excellence)
Nomination period is always open
Any SD 308 employee, student, parent, community member, or alumni may nominate a current teacher/employee for consideration
To nominate, complete: the online nomination form at: www.sd308.org/PRIDENomination
Thank you to our PRIDE sponsors: Allied First Bank, Chick-fil-A, Huntington Learning Center, and Culver's
Ninth Annual - SD 308 and Allied First Bank Food Drive
Get ON BOARD as an SD 308 Bus Driver!
Paid Time Off! Attendance Bonuses! Retirement Benefits! Guaranteed Hours! Rewarding Work!
Experienced drivers can start quick! Those interested in learning how to drive a bus will receive paid training and assistance with obtaining all the necessary certifications and license.
If you're a positive person, have a good driving record, enjoy helping others, and want a stable job with overtime opportunities- join us!
Student Bus Route Information
Not Riding The Bus?
If you student(s) are assigned to a route and you are NOT using bus transportation, please let us know! Complete this quick four question form if we can remove your student(s) from our bus roster. Thank you!
Transportation Phone Line: (630)636-2999 Spanish: (630)636-2986
Free and Reduced Lunch Applications Due Oct. 1
Those who qualify for free or reduced cost meals must complete an application. The deadline to apply is October 1. Information and the application can be found here. This is the same program that was in place prior to COVID-19.
Chromebook Insurance Open Enrollment Closes Oct. 1
Only 2 weeks left to obtain coverage for your student's Chromebook, open enrollment ends October 1! The insurance policy is for accidental damage and theft. There is no deductible and it will cover all repair costs and the cost of replacement should it get stolen. With the average repair cost above $50, it more than pays for itself the first time you use it and you can take advantage of it an unlimited number of times during the coverage year.
We highly recommend that every 5th - 12th grade family whose student(s) have a take home device to consider enrolling in this program. Check the flyer for all the information on how to register, enrollment dates, and the cost.
Please Spread The Word- We're Hiring!!
The district still has many job openings!
We have positions that are both full and part-time. There are openings for those with certifications and those without. Entry-level and experienced staff welcome!
If you're interested, we can help match you to a position that works with your interests and availability! Please feel free to email our recruitment specialist for assistance. View all openings and apply at www.sd308.org/jobs.
Our next OPEN INTERVIEW date is Sept. 20 from 4:30-6pm at the District Administration Center (4175 Route 71, Oswego). Walk-in and we'll help you find a career with SD 308. You'll get your application in and preliminary interview done that night!
- No paraprofessional license required - we will help you get licensed
- No experience required
- The short-term approval lasts for 3 years and you only need a high school diploma/GED
- $14.50 an hour
- 2nd shift positions available
- No experience required
- $14.50 an hour
Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder FASD
FASD awareness month is September. For help with resources and to learn more about the disorder, impacting an estimated 1 in 20 children, visit FASD United. The organization is hosting a virtual 5K event, RunFASD, to raise awareness and support, learn more here. The CDC also has a robust page on FASD of information, links, and resources for professionals and parents.
Share a Smile 🙂
Use this simple form to send a virtual smile to any staff member at SD308! The recipient will recieve a nice card including your message- which will brighten their day! Thank you for helping us let our staff know how important they are, and how much we appreciate all they do for our students!