1E- Week of October 11, 2015
What's going on in 1st grade!
We are going on Monday. You are invited to send money in with your child to purchase book at the fair. This is not required, but students enjoy purchasing books to read at this time. This is a great opportunity to expand students personal library and grow as readers.
This is a cash only event. Please send cash if your child would like to buy books.
Our class will be going to the book fair on Monday from 1:00-1:20pm.
- Monday October 12th and Tuesday October 13th- Reserved for class visits
- Wednesday October 14th and Thursday October 15th- The Book Fair will be open to all parents from 7:40am - 3:30pm or until quantities are gone
Thank you for your support with homework at home. We appreciate the help. Please remember to send work back on Thursdays along with the Green Home Folder. The Green Home Folder is helpful to keep things organized and to help from losing items.
Sunday: Return Green Home Folder; Homework and new books sent home
Thursday: Return homework, books, and Green Home Folder to class; graded work and other papers from school sent home in Green Home Folder
High Frequency Words-- Lists Sent Home
This week we will be choosing a story from our Illustration Study Unit to publish:
We have started some reading rotations. We are having a great time doing a variety of reading tasks such as: independent reading, guided reading, partner reading, listening to reading, book shopping, and working on our High Frequency Words. We are also working on other reading lessons:
This week we are continuing in Unit 1:
- Revising-- ARMS (add, remove, move, substitute)
- Editing-- CUPS (capitals, usage, punctuation, spelling)
- No Excuse Poster-- things we have no excuse to make a mistake on in our writing
- Reviewing illustration techniques
- Finishing touches
- making predictions
- making smart guesses
- conversations about books
- our Just Right reading level
- reading goals
New Picture Online
We have new pictures posted online. You can login to this Google Drive folder by using your child's Gmail login and a 6-digit number password I have glued into their Green Home Folder. The login is 27(first initial)(last name)@asd.edu.qa-- i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org.
from 7:30am-3:30pm. This is a cash ONLY event that everyone really enjoys and is a great opportunity to do some Halloween shopping. Items include fun gadgets, yummy treats, pumpkins and decorations.
This year our SPOOKTACULAR Halloween Carnival will be held at ASD on Tuesday October 27th from 5:30-7:30pm. All students Pre-K - Grade 5 are invited to attend. We need parent volunteers! If you interested in helping please fill out the form sent home with your child or contact email@example.com
Tickets will be sold BEFORE the carnival. Ticket forms will be sent home Thursday October 15th. This event is for ASD students and their families ONLY.
- October 11-14: PTA Book Fair
- October 21-22: Parent-Teacher Conferences 3:40pm-7:20pm (21st) and 7:40am-12:00pm (22nd)
- October 25-27: Pumpkin Patch
- October 27: Halloween Class Party
- October 27: Halloween Carnival
- October 28: PD Day- No School for Students
- October 29: No School
- November 20: PTA Gala
- November 24: Full Day of School- 3pm dismissal
- November 25: Thanksgiving Celebrations
- November 25: End of Trimester 1
- November 26: Thanksgiving- No School
- December 1: 1st Grade Music Concert
- December 3: Report Cards sent home electronically
- December 7-10: International Week
- December 17- Christmas Class Party
- December 18-January 2: Winter Break