Trinidad and Tobago
land and climate
- Two island 7 miles off the cost of venezuela.
- Trinidad is the large part (1,864).
- Tobago is just 116 miles.
- Together 1/2 the size of jamacia + smaller than the state of delaware.
- The islands divided from venezuela though tectonic movement.
- They are home to many plants and amimals that are native to south america.
- The scarlet ibis is national bird.
- Some hills and low mountains and covered mostly by plains.
- Tobago is a volcanic island mainly and low mountains.
- The mountain cerro del aripo in tobago rises 3,000 feet high.
- The average temerature is 78%f.
- The island experances a dry season (jan-jun).
- The island experences a wet season(jun-dec).
- During the wet season rain storms happen frequently but last short.
- Tobago is cooler and drier than trinidad.
history and government
- Cistopher columdus spotted trinidad in 1498 and claimed.
- Spain offered land to bing people into the island but they didnt earn what they wanted.
- Spain had control of Trinidad and Tobago Britain took control of Trinidad in 1797 and Tobago in
- In the 1800s the British combined the two into one.
- May 2010 priminster kamla presad-besserssar.
- The president is Goerge Maxwell Richards.
- Kamla presad-bissessar is the priminster of Trinidad and Tobago.
- You have to be 18 to vote.
- One of the Caribbean's strongest economy's is Tindad's and Tobogo's
- Oil drilling, manfactuing, and services are what the economy is anchored by.
- Oil,natural gas,petrochenicals toghether are 80 percent of the islands exports.
- Also contributing to the economy is agriculture and tourism
- We fly from Cedar Rapids to Chicogo then from Chicogo to Miami then from Miami to Piarco in Trinidad and Tobago.This all costs ($1,737)
- When we land in Trinidad and Tobago we will go to our hotel Airport Suites Limited and go to sleep.(The hotel costs $562+ total)
- We will wake up and eat breakfast then go straight to Buccoo Reef for only $80.00 for the two of us for 2 and a half.
- After that we will go to the pool and go swimming at the hotel
- After swimming we will go shopping
- Then we will go to supper
- We will go to to breakfast
- We will then go to the Tobago's island explorer for $190 it is for 7 hours
- We will then go and eat lunch
- After lunch we will go shopping
- We will go swimming after shopping
- We will then go to supper (dinner)
- We will go to breakfast
- We will then go swimming for a couple of hours
- Then we will go to lunch
- Then we will go to Trinidad highlights and scenic drive for 3 and a half hours for $80.
- After that we will go shopping
- And finally we will go to supper (dinner)