CUSD Childcare Newsletter
Week of August 19th, 2019
- TK After Care at ECDC is FULL
- Due to lack of enrollment, Silver Strand will not be offering TK After Care
- Tuesday is the LAST day to process child care requests in order to start on the first day of school. Any requests received after 12pm noon on Tuesday will start the week of August 26th.
- Invoices will be sent out on August 22 for the prorated amount in August. If you have a Tuition Express Account this will be processed automatically.
- Families new to CUSD child care at Village and ECDC will need to plan a few extra minutes at morning drop-off and afternoon pick up to receive a registration code and create a numeric username and password that will be used to clock children in and out of child care.
Codes must be 4-8 digits, username and passcode must be different from each other and cannot be repeated or in sequence numbers
Verification of Scheduling & Docs
- Please make sure you have also re-registered your student for the new school year through MyProcare. Instructions for Registration are below.
Submit your scheduling & behavior form
- You will need to go online to MyProcare to verify your child's schedule and make sure we have received your request and behavior form.
If you need to make changes, please do so before August 19th. Once teacher assignments have been handed out, you will receive another email requesting your child's homeroom teacher so we know who to notify regarding your childcare scheduling.
Automated Payment Application
We wanted to extend an invitation to sign up for automatic payments through Tuition Express. Please click on the Tuition Express Icon to download the application and scan/email it back or hand it in to our office.
Payments are generally drafted on or around the 1st of every month. Any change to this will be noted.
If you currently have a Tuition Express Account on file with us, you will need to fill out a new application or provide us with permission to continue using your current form of payment.
PLEASE NOTE: You will not be automatically re-enrolled in automatic payments without consent or a new form. Thank you!
UPDATED BELLS, PRICING & SIBLING CARE INFORMATION
If you have not been made aware, CUSD changed the bell schedule for the 2019-2020 school year, highlighted above. As a result, our childcare pricing structure has changed. Please take time to review our new fees for the 2019-2020 school year.
We will no longer offer Sibling Care for grades K-5, however, because TK is now half-day for the entire year, we will begin to offer Sibling Care for those TK-ers with older siblings. If you elect this option, you must provide the name and grade of your TK-er's older sibling for verification before we can proceed with scheduling and billing.
- Families with outstanding balances from the 2018-2019 school year will not be eligible for services in 2019-2020. Please log in to your account to make sure you are up to date.
Instructions for Registration
Parents enrolling in child care must complete a 2-step application process. Once registration is complete, you will need to verify your schedule and documents have been received by logging in to your Procare account and following these instructions. Please allow 24-48 hours for processing.
Step 1. Register in MyProcare, our online scheduling and payment program
- New Child Care Registration (for families brand new to Child Care)
- Returning Child Care Re-Registration (for families currently registered for Child Care)
Step 2. Review & Submit Required Documents
Text messaging in 2019-2020
- "Cell" is selected as phone type
- Your number is accurate
- Your cell carrier is selected
You can update this information anytime by logging in to your account! We appreciate your help in ensuring our program continues to improve for your family and ours!!!
Frequently asked questions:
When will I be contacted about my before/aftercare needs for the coming school year?Around August 1st, we will reach out to every family that has registered online and establish your schedule and billing cycle. If you have your classroom teacher assignment, please let us know at this time too!
What is the payment schedule and can I cancel anytime?
You will be billed in 10 equal payments, with one divided in half between August and June. You can change or cancel your childcare services at anytime but these requests must be submitted before the 1st of the month or with at least 48 hours notice before the change.
Why can't I add new siblings to my account when I re-register my existing child?
All siblings need to be added by the site administrator. Please email their names and birth dates directly to the email above and then you will be notified when you can log in to complete registration.
I need to change my contact information. Can I make changes?
You can change your personal information at anytime however, spouse or emergency contact info can only be changed by the site administrator. Please email us above.
Before School Activities
We offer care starting at 6:30 a.m. where students can quietly study or read, join a morning activity or catch up with friends. Care is located in Village Hall for Village elementary students, in the Childcare "A" Room at ECDC for TK and Kindergartners, and in the Child Care room at Silver Strand. Upon arrival, parents are required to check in their child/children through our system. Breakfast is not available through the District, but children may bring their own. At 8:00 a.m., we escort the children to their respective playgrounds to line up for school.
After School Activities
Afternoon Child Care, at all sights, begins once school is let out and students are led from their classrooms to begin the check-in process and then participate in a variety of daily indoor and outdoor activities. Each day we will offer an array of activities for the enjoyment of the children along with an afternoon snack. We also offer a homework club on Mondays - Thursdays at Village Elementary. Care is available until 6pm at all Village sites and 5:30pm at Silver Strand.
Parent Pick Up
All children must be checked out in our system when they are picked up NO LATER THAN 6pm at Village and 5:30pm at Silver Strand. For the students at Village, checking out is done through Village Hall located on H Avenue. At ECDC and Silver Stand, parents will check out students at the Child Care classroom. If you are going to have someone else pick up your child that is not on the Emergency Contact List or Authorized Contact List, please email the Director with 24-hour notice. The children will not be allowed to leave Child Care without your prior permission! Please remind people picking up to bring a photo ID.
CUSD Preschool & Childcare Department
Emergency Cell: (619) 972-5561
Village: (619) 522-8915 ext. 5884
ECDC: (619) 522-6087
Silver Strand: (619) 522-8934 ext. 4081