THE SUNDAY SCOOP!
Parent Updates - October 23, 2022
Traduccion en Espanol
- Para ver el boletin en Espanol haga click en el cuadrado negro ubicado en la parte derecha donde dice "Translate Newsletter"
- Cuando llegue aqui haga clic en la flecha que apunta hacia abajo y escoja el idioma "Spanish"
- Wow! What a great turnout at our PTA Fall Fest this past Friday. Thanks is not enough, however I want to make sure to extend my sincere gratitude to our PTA Board and to all the volunteers who made this night a huge success. Thank you!
- We are excited to continue our tradition of celebrating our Veterans with a special ceremony at EMES on Veterans Day. See the flyer below for additional information. Your children also brought information home in their Friday Folders. Look for the blue form.
- Congratulations to our 4th and 5th grade students who have completed the painting of the plow. The design presented by EMES to the Town of Leesburg in the Spring was selected as the winning design and our upper grade students brought that design to life over the past few weeks! The plow blade will be picked up this week and the next time we will see it will be when it leads the Town of Leesburg Holiday parade in December. Stay tuned for more details on this!
- Make sure that you have scheduled a parent/teacher conference with your child's teacher. If you are not sure, reach out directly to your child's teacher.
EMES CELEBRATES OUR VETERANS!
PAINTING THE PLOW!
THE 2022 PTA FALL FEST!
A SPECIAL THANK YOU FROM OUR LIBRARIAN MR. MATTRAW
SPECIAL ASSIGNMENT FOR PARENTS!
SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING SPOTLIGHT!
PTA NEWS AND NOTES!
Our next spirit night is Monday, October 24th at Chick-fil-A (Oaklawn) from 3-8 pm! This is an LCPS student holiday so we hope you carve out time to see us there! As always, please mention "Evergreen Mill" so money will be donated back to our school!
The PTA Reflections contest is underway! The categories include music composition, dance, visual art, literature and film/photography and the theme is "Show your Voice!". Email Brittany Zinck at email@example.com to submit your child’s entry THIS WEEK by October 28th! All participants will earn an incentive for his/her class AND be entered to win a prize for K-2 or 3rd-5th categories.
THANKS TO ALL WHO HELPED MAKE FALL FESTIVAL A GREAT SUCCESS! We had over SIXTY people working together to make this such a memorable event both before, during and after through donations, planning, set-up, running stations/concessions & clean-up! A special thanks to our PTA chairs who spent many hours executing the festivities!
Please "like" our Evergreen Mill Elementary School PTA page on Facebook for reminders!
You can also bookmark our announcements page on our website for info! https://evergreenmill.memberhub.com/w/announcements
Purchasing A Charger for your Child's Chromebook
Here is a video you can watch if you need to purchase a new charger. The cost for a new charger is $30.00.
TECHNOLOGY QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT
For Schoology questions or questions regarding instructional software: Email your child's teacher or firstname.lastname@example.org
For Chromebook repair/replacement: Email email@example.com
For immediate help: DDI-TechnologySupportCenter@lcps.org ✉
Need a Hot Spot? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
General Technology Support: Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
THIS WEEK AT A GLANCE
October 24 - No School
October 24 - Spirit Day at Chick -Fil - A in Oaklawn
October 25 - ASEP Clubs Meet
October 26 - PE on the Go with Mr. Bauer
October 29 - PTA Reflections Entries are Due
*Stay tuned for information about our annual PTA Read - a - Thon coming very soon!
EVERGREEN MILL FAMILY LIAISON - MRS. GHAZALA SHAFFI
- ParentVUE Coordinator
- Backpack Buddies Coordinator
- Assisting parents with school forms and making appointments for teacher conferences
- Connecting parents with community resources to address families needs for food, clothing, medical care, counseling and other vital services.
- Coordinating community outreach events.
Mrs. Shaffi's hours at EMES are M-F 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM.