KELLOGG FAMILY NEWS | Jan 14, 2022 (Special DL Edition)
- Free weekly meal kits will be available for drive-through pick-up on two Wednesdays, January 19 and 26, 11 AM to 2 PM, at Graham Park Fairgrounds, Building #35
- Families may pick up one meal kit per child enrolled in Rochester Public Schools.
- Please enter at 16th Street and Arena Dr SE. Proceed north to Building #35. If able, please open/unlock your trunk or leave a seat open where the meal kit can be placed.
- Meal Kits will consist of heat-and-serve and ready-to-eat entrees, fruits, vegetables and milk. Instructions for storage/preparation will be available online.
- No pre-registration or paperwork is required.
Teachers shared this PPT presentation Moving to DL with students on Thursday. Please review the information prior to Tuesday.
Teachers shared this PPT presentation Ready for DL? with students on Friday. Please review the information prior to Tuesday.
During Distance Learning last year, we hosted a single Distance Learning Target class. We plan to do that again for the next two weeks. Target is essentially used as a study hall, so if kids know what they need to work on, they can just dig in. If they need help, we will have a live classroom they can hop in to for support. The Google Meet code is kelloggtarget (no spaces). We will not take attendance for Target.
Because Advisory and lunch split a 45 minute period, we were concerned about students not having time to make lunch, eat lunch and have a bit of a break before hopping back online. In fact, lots of parents reached out with the same concern! :) As a result, we will not host Advisory during DL, so students can have a nice break away from devices before the second half of their day starts.
Our Cool Comet Store for the end of Q2 has been postponed. We will remind kids on Jan 31 and then host the store on Feb 1. tell them to gather up their Cool Comets and hang onto them!
Most of our after school programs have moved online for the next two weeks! If your child has been participating in any of these classes, please have them watch for a Google Classroom invite to join their friends! Q3 programming will not start until we return 1/31.
MathCounts/Math Homework Help
Dungeons and Dragons
In preparation for the quarter and semester end, your child should already be receiving invites to their new Google Classrooms. If they do not have invites by next Friday, please call the office and we will help get you connected! 328-5800
DL Calendar @ Kellogg
MONDAY, January 17
- No School - Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- B Day
- Distance Learning begins
- A Day
THURSDAY, January 20
- B Day
- Century to join math classes to finalize HS registration (via Google Meet)
- Last Day Q2
FRIDAY, January 21
- No School - End of Q2 Work Day
MONDAY, January 24
- A Day
TUESDAY, January 25
- B Day
WEDNESDAY, January 26
- A Day
THURSDAY, January 27
- B Day
FRIDAY, January 28
- A Day
- Last day of Distance Learning!
Here's our daily schedule for Distance Learning
Attedance will be taken hourly except for Target & Advisory.
This is the district document that was sent to families earlier this week. It provides a general overview of the DL plan for elementary and secondary students.
A Message from Kellogg Counselors and Social Workers
We understand that the move to Distance Learning can create a lot of extra stress for your families and students. We want to help you with those concerns while we are learning online. We have a fantastic team that are here that can help with needs ranging from social emotional, academic, peer conflicts, wellbeing and more. If you believe your student could use a check-in at any time, I am adding a link for a form so we can touch base with them. This form will also be available in your students google classrooms!
- Daniel Van Winkle, 6th Grade Counselor- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tricia Fierst, 7th Grade Counselor- email@example.com
- Amy Carstensen, 8th Grade Counselor- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leah Mattern, School Social Worker- email@example.com
- Missy Clark, School Social Worker- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Akilah Sharif, School Social Worker - email@example.com
Missing something your child needs for DL? Our office is open! Just holler! 328-5800
During DL, keep reporting COVID symptoms & positive cases! 328-5810
CONNECT WITH US!
Angi McAndrews, Principal
Mike Widman, Assistant Principal
Teri Linander, Assistant Principal
Barb Erickson, Health Office Nurse
Kris Hames, Office Manager
Erin Kroc, Registrar & Attendance
Abigail Haglund, Receptionist (morning)
Amy Clark, Receptionist (afternoon)
Dan VanWinkle, 6th Grade School Counselor
Trish Fierst, 7th Grade School Counselor
Amy Carstensen, 8th Grade School Counselor
Missy Clark, School Social Worker
Leah Mattern, School Social Worker
For assistance in (your language), please call 328-XXXX
Para asistencia en español, por favor marque al 328-4241.
Za pomoc na bosanskom jeziku pozovite 328-4243
"إذا رغبت في الحصول على هذه المعلومات باللغة العربية يرجي الإتصال بقسم الترجمة علي الرقم 4246-328"
Haddii aad jeclaan lahayd in aad hesho macluumaadkaan oo ku qoran Soomaali, fadlan la soo xiriir waaxda EL(bartaha ingariiska) 328 4247.
“如果需要中文援助请拨打电话 ：507-328-4238 (办公室） 或者 507-398-9448 （手机)
“ Để được giúp đở bằng Tiếng Việt xin Gọi đến số 271-8366