The CES Bulldog News
Week #3 (September 21-25, 2020)
IWCS - Vision & Mission
Vision: To create a learning environment that will enable every child to discover his or her unique gifts and talents.
Mission: To enhance and expand on each child’s unique gifts and talents to ensure every child is college, career and life ready.
Health & Mitigation Procedures
- Parents/guardians will only be allowed in the building for scheduled meetings or if picking up their child for early dismissal.
- Parents/guardians who are permitted to enter the building must wear a mask.
- Medication drop off will be completed by appointment scheduled with Miss Kim, CES School Nurse.
- We are unable to have volunteers in the building at this time.
- We are unable to have any store bought or home made edible items in the building for consumption at this time.
Elementary school hours are from 8:25a.m. - 3:30p.m. Students will be allowed to enter the building at 8:25a.m. and dismissal for pick up students will begin at 3:30p.m.
Bus Protocols & Bus Stop Information
Please make sure that an adult is at the bus stop to receive their student each afternoon. In the event that no one is available to receive the student at the designated bus stop, then the student will be returned to school and parents/guardians will be contacted and required to pick up the student from the school's front office.
Bus Stop Information:
***Due to COVID-19 restrictions, no bus passes will be honored at this time.
Drop Off & Pick Up Procedures
8:55a.m. Instructional day begins.
3:30p.m. Pick up students are dismissed. (NOTE: New pick up dismissal time.)
- Parents/guardians will drive through the bus loop, remain in their vehicles, and have their identification available in order to pick up their child(ren).
- A staff member will walk the child safely to their vehicle.
3:50p.m. Bus students are dismissed.
September 21st - First Day of School - Day A (in person); Day B (remote)
September 22nd - Day B (in person); Day A (remote)
September 23rd - Day A (in person); Day B (remote)
September 24th - Day B (in person); Day A (remote)
September 25th - Day A & B (remote)
PK-3 iPad Distribution
Note from Miss Peters:
I am in need of your help. Call it a scavenger hunt if you will. You are going to need to drink a lot of Gatorade but don't throw out the caps! I would like to use them for a music manipulative game... hear me out:
This activity calls for a set of 8 caps per student with note letter names to sort in the order they appear on a music staff. I have included a picture. They are the regular 38mm caps that are orange and NOT the squeeze bottle kind. I am not referring to the caps you would find on a 2 liter soda.
I am going to need A LOT. There will be a box in the teacher's lounge labeled "Caps for Music". Teachers, place yours in the box as well as what the students bring in. Please make sure they are washed for they will be going into the hands of the students.
Thank you all very much and I look forward to a GREAT year of music making!
Welcome to the 2020-2021 School Year!
Click on the picture for important information regarding the 2020-2021 school year.
Return 2 Learn
Click on the picture to access the Return 2 Learn document.
Free Wifi Access
Click on the picture to access the information regarding free wifi access points throughout the division.