Principal's Corner #25
February 15, 2019
From the desk of Ashley Gray
Teachers, this past week we met with our AMAZING TA's and would really appreciate your support in a few areas.
- Lunch room:
- PBIS is working on updating our ROAR Matrix. Please review the matrix below and see if we missed anything. Email me with any feedback.
- Please remember ALL teachers must come to the lunchroom 5 mins. prior to lunch being over to assist with cleanup and line up.
- Please remind your students that as they are cleaning up they need to check their space all around their area and throw away all trash and food on the floor.
- Please remind your classes to exit quietly from the lunch room.
- I have asked the TA's to report to you if they have issues with students during line up/ lights out. Please support them and help your students to understand the expectations.
- Please remember ALL Grade levels will turn off lights for the last 5 mins, to remind students they need to finish up and clean up.
- Indoor Recess:
- Due to safety issues of leaving classrooms unattended, we will be having all grade levels move to 2 classrooms and TA's will be responsible for direct supervision inside those classrooms.
- Please see the map below.
- Please know we try our best to get kids outside, but we must follow the district guidelines of windchill 20 or below they stay inside. WeatherBug is used to check temperatures.
- By condensing the students to 2 classrooms that are next door to each other, we can have all students supervised at all times.
- Students will have the option of which room to go to. One will be GO NOODLE (for movement) the other will be coloring, puzzles, games etc...
- Please discuss with your TA's if your grade level is allowed to use the laptops. We do not want students using their own technology as this creates a problem and possibly stolen or lost items.
Lunch Matrix: Think about what it means to R.O.A.R in the lunch room.
Yearbook Photos Needed
Do you have photos that would be great for the yearbook? If so, please share them with Caren Berger through one of the ways below.
- Email: email@example.com
- Google drive: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tree Ring: She can add you into the program quickly.
If you have any questions, let me know. Thank you!
SpEd Collaboration Day
Our next SpEd Collaboration day on Tuesday, February 26th. We appreciate your flexibility this year as we revamp our meetings so they are more meaningful for all of us. Please take time to review the agenda below.
1. Upcoming Events (i.e. field trips, testing, etc.)
2. Upcoming IEP mtgs
4. CMAS Accommodations
5. Modified classwork
6. Conferences and report cards
7. Review of personnel schedules
Upcoming Testing Windows
CMAS: March 25-April 19
CCSD Common 5th Grade Assessment: March March 4-15
Other Important Dates
- Monday, February 18-21: PLC Summit in Phoenix, Katie gone
- Friday, February 22: End of Data Collection
- Friday, February 22: Katie and Ashley out in the afternoon
- Tuesday, February 26: Battle of the Books Semi-Finals, Heritage ES 4-5:30PM
- Tuesday, February 26: SpEd Collaboration Day
- Thursday, February 28: Jump Rope for Heart (during specials)
- Thursday, February 28: Katie out in the AM
- Friday, March 1: Ashley out in the AM
- Saturday, March 2: DI Tournament, Grandview HS
- Monday, March 4-Friday, March 8: Conference Week - More information to come.
- Thursday, March 7 and Friday, March 8: Non-Contact Day
- Monday, March 11: Class Picture Day
- Monday, March 11: Battle of the Books Finals, Cottonwood, 4-5:30PM
- Tuesday, March 12: Katie and Ashley out in the AM
- Wednesday, March 13: Katie out in the AM
- Wednesday, March 13: School Accountability Meeting, 6-7pm Innovation Space
- Thursday, March 14: Ashley out all day
- Thursday, March 14: 3rd Grade Program, 6:30PM
- Friday, March 15: Katie and Ashley out all day
- Monday, March 18-Friday, March 22: SPRING BREAK
- March 27: 1st-5th Grade Supply Lists due to Katie
- MARCH 29: SOCK HOP