SPB Family Newsletter
Thursday, September 17, 2020
The Eucharistic community of Saint Paschal Baylon Catholic School
focuses on Christ-centered values and develops the unique potential of each student
through a rigorous and engaging curriculum.
A Note from the Principal
We have completed just over three weeks of school, and I am so proud of how great our students have been about wearing masks, maintaining social distance, following new protocols, creating games to play outside, etc. I am just as proud of our learners and families at home who are working hard to engage in class, troubleshoot computer issues when necessary, and share through pictures or words their learning at home. Thank you to all families who are completing their self-screenings and temperature checks at home so that we can keep all of our students and staff healthy and safe.
Grace and peace,
Ms. Diane Raguz, Principal
Gradelink Notification System Test
COVID-19 Reporting and Notification
- Parents or guardians of students and school staff who have been diagnosed with COVID-19, whether by laboratory test or through clinical examination, are encouraged to notify their school no later than 24 hours after receiving a confirmed diagnosis. SPB parents can report cases using the attendance line which is checked daily.
- Within 24 hours of becoming aware of a student, teacher, staff member or coach who has tested positive or been diagnosed with COVID-19, a school shall notify parents or guardians of students of the existence of the case in writing and share as much information as possible without disclosing protected health information.
- School districts are encouraged to use website dashboards to inform the school community of the number of COVID-19 cases and number of students and staff isolated or quarantined, if known. The SPB dashboard can be found under Quick Links and is labeled COVID-19 Information.
Please continue to follow all the health and safety protocols we have in place so that our in-person learning can move forward successfully.
Arrival and Dismissal Reminders
- Students arriving by car are not permitted in the building until 7:40 a.m. Remember, if you need to drop off your child earlier, you can enroll him or her in the Before Care program.
- Please pull up further beyond the overhang (by the sign) so that more cars can empty at once.
- Make sure your child is ready to leave your car before you stop. If you need to take some time with him or her, park in the parking lot and walk your child over to the school. No child is permitted to walk across the parking lot on his/her own, and parents must accompany them as they cross the car line to the overhang.
- Remember when children are exiting your car, all should exit on the passenger side for safety reasons.
- As you leave, please proceed to Blue Ribbon Way (exiting on Wilson Mills) only.
- Buses have the right of way. Please allow them down the driveway before your car. Often bus drivers will allow cars to go first, but never count on it!
- Give your child enough time to walk to his/her homeroom. As the weather changes, the car rider line becomes longer and time gets later. Develop the habit of getting here with many minutes to spare!
- Students are being dismissed in letter groups so if you are in the last half of the alphabet, your child will not be out right away. We will probably change the order by quarter.
- Please remember not to congregate at dismissal. Once you have your child/ren, please leave the campus. The playground is not open after school.
- Please practice and model good habits for our students when picking them up after school. Maintain social distance and wear masks.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding as the safety of all of our students is our foremost concern.
7th & 8th Grade Parents-We Need YOU!
We are asking that each family (mom, dad, grandma, etc.) choose at least two days to volunteer each time slot being 11:10 am-12:50 pm. There are many, many time slots open! We are so grateful for the help!
This is a great way for you to interact with your child and his/her classmates during the school day! Recess Volunteers should arrive to school at 11:10 and check in at the office. Duties will include supervising students at recess, escorting the students to and from the school doors. Volunteers will be with one school staff member each day to help direct.
Remember that after your two volunteer time slots, you are done for the year, as each month is assigned to a different grade.
COVID-19 Volunteer Protocol: all recess volunteers are required to wear a mask and complete the Visitor Self-Screening form when they arrive at school.
Heinen's Teaming Up for Education
Last year, St. Paschal Baylon PTO earned over $2,000 from Heinen’s Teaming Up for Education Program. Heinen’s donates 1% of your purchases from September to April back to SPB; all you have to do is sign up and use your Tasteful Rewards card each time you shop. Remember, each year every family needs to re-sign up and select St. Paschal Baylon. You can select SPB a few ways: by entering your rewards number or email at https://www.heinens.com/schools/, stopping by the Customer Service Counter in store, or calling Customer Relations at 1-855-475-2300 ext 2337. Please sign up and encourage your family and friends to do the same so that PTO can continue to provide funding for technology and other resources for our students. This is an easy way to earn money for our school while you do your regular grocery shopping. Thank you!
Romeo's Pizza Fundraiser
Please just us on the first Wednesday of every month for the Romeo's Pizza Fundraiser from 4:00-8:00 pm. You may use delivery or pick-up! Thank you for your support.
Amazon Smile is a simple and automatic way for you to support SPB every time you shop on Amazon, at no cost to you! When you shop at www.smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com. On your first visit to AmazonSmile, you need to select "St. Paschal Church Parochial School" as your charitable organization before you begin shopping. Every eligible purchase you make at smile.amazon.com will result in a donation to SPB (0.5 percent). Why not give it a try the next time you shop online?