Black History Month at Montrose
You are invited to visit with your child on the morning of
Friday, Feb. 28, 2020.
You will have the opportunity to participate in a craft or activity with your child or watch them perform a song or two.
During the Gallery Walk throughout the building, you will have the chance to view the important work that has been recently completed by each class in honor of Black History Month.
We have also created a slide show of images of your children engaged in school activities since the beginning of the school year.
Reggae and Jazz instrumentals will be the audio backdrop of the gallery walk.
Please see schedule and more details below.
8:45 - 9:15 am:
Ms. Betsy's and Ms. Kelly's Classes
(8:45 - 9:00 am in Ms. Kelly's class; 9:00 - 9:15 am Guests' Gallery Walk)
9:15 - 9:45 am
Ms. Stacey's and Ms. Simpkins' Classes
(9:15 - 9:30 am in auditorium; 9:30 - 9:45 am Guests' Gallery Walk)
Ms. Lane's Class
(9:15 - 9:30 am in Ms. Lane's class; 9:30 - 9:45 am Guests' Gallery Walk)
9:45 - 10:15 am
Ms. Corredor's and Ms. Pasko's classes
(9:45 - 10:00 am in auditorium; 10:00 - 10:15 am Guests' Gallery Walk)
Ms. Julia's Class
(9:45 - 10:00 am in Ms. Julia's class; 10:00 - 10:15 am Guests' Gallery Walk)
10:15 - 10:45 am
Ms. Mikita's and Ms. Patty's Classes
(10:15 to 10:30 am in Ms. Mikita's class; 10:30 - 10:45 Guests' Gallery Walk)
Ms. Goliszeski's Class
(10:15 to 10:30 am in class; 10:30 - 10:45 Guests' Gallery Walk)
- We ask that you arrive approximately 10 minutes prior to your class' scheduled time.
- Please enter through the main doors in the rear of the building, where you will sign in and begin your experience.
- Please report directly to your child's classroom (only) at the designated time, and depart by beginning your Gallery Walk with other guests.
- You are, of course, welcome to take pictures of your child and their work. You may even take snapshots of interesting bulletin boards, quotes and images. However, we ask that - for the sake of everyone's privacy - you refrain from taking pictures of other children.
- The photo slideshow will be playing on loop in the gymnasium. This will be your last "tour stop". You will then exit the building through the gymnasium doors. Sign out sheets will be available there.