Cedarville Elementary School, January 4, 2016
Happy New Year! We have already been through the flood, so the weather can only get better from here; right? Even so, I trust everyone enjoyed the break and is as eager as I am to see our kiddos!
I completed my Goodreads goal of 20 books this year just in time with a book called Start Why by Simon Sinek. "People don’t buy what you do; they buy why you do it. And what you do simply proves what you believe." Simon Sinek. With that being said, our after school meeting this month will focus on our vision as a building. What do you believe about teaching and learning? Why do you do what you do? What's your passion?
Dates to Remember:
Homecoming week January 4-8 (wear jeans IF you participate)
Pirate vs. Mastiffs
MONDAY- Camo vs. Plaid
TUESDAY- Battle of the Colors: Kindergarten- green/1st purple/2nd grade-yellow/3rd grade-red/4th grade-blue
WEDNESDAY- Nerds vs.Jocks
THURSDAY- Good vs.Evil Characters
FRIDAY- Blue vs. Gold
Monday, January 4:
- Samantha Adams begins as Zach Moore aide
- Dana Villines begins internship with Lisa Mankins
- Grades Due
Tuesday, January 5:
- Fire Drill 9:30 a.m.
Wednesday, January 6:
- Report Cards
Friday, January 8:
- December behavior and parent contact info due by 3:00 p.m.
- District Leadership Meeting
- PTO Officers/Teacher Reps postponed until December 11
- January 13 Meeting 3:15 in library to discuss our vision (Not mandatory but be here if possible)
- Coming Soon...Professional book study; be looking for a Google doc to sign up and an email with more details.
Try this formative assessment
New books went home for Christmas!
60 Ways To Help Students Think For Themselves