The Gayman Gazette
What's Happening In and Around Gayman Elementary School?
June 14, 2013
Upcoming Important Dates
- Monday, June 17th – End-of-Year Awards Assembly – STUDENTS ONLY
- Monday, June 17th - Year End Picnic 6-8pm
Tuesday, June 18th – Safety Party
Tuesday, June 18th – 6th Grade Promotion at Tohickon
Wednesday, June 19th – Early Dismissal at 11:55 AM; No AM Kindergarten – Last Day of School
2013-2014 Gayman Staff Line-Up
To view next year's complete staff listing, please click here.
Don't Miss the Year-End Picnic
As you may be aware, the Year-End Picnic has been moved to Monday, June 17th.
In order for us to plan accordingly, please RSVP using the following link:
If you have ordered Iron Pigs tickets, they can be picked up at the picnic.
Please contact Karen Novak (firstname.lastname@example.org or 267.614.1268) if you have any questions
When: Monday, June 17, 2013
Time: 6:00 - 8:00 pm
Where: Gayman Elementary School Playground
What: Picnic! With a DJ, Hot dogs, chips and beverages supplied
Bring: Lawn chairs, blankets, side dish or dessert to share*
*Last names beginning with A-L bring a Dessert and M-Z bring a Side Dish
Attention 5th Grade Parents
6th Grade Promotion is fast approaching and we want to thank everyone who has already volunteered their time to help out! We really appreciate it! Additional volunteers are needed to make this night a success and we are once again asking you to please consider helping out on Tuesday, June 18th. We are in need of volunteers between 3:30 and 10:30. You can go to www.signupgenius.com and click "find a sign up" and put in my e-mail address, email@example.com to access the sign up sheet. For those who have already volunteered and for those who are signing up now, if you are willing to volunteer for a few hours at a time, that would be a great help to us.
If you have any questions, please contact Lauren Plocharski at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you again for volunteering and for making this night a success!
Gayman's Adopt a Road Project
For many years Gayman Elementary has been responsible for collecting debris along Burnt House Hill Road. On Wednesday, June 12th, the 4th, 5th, and 6th grade student council members, along with staff, worked together to collect trash. Over 10 bags of debris were collected - way to go student council!
Fabulous Fun on Field Day!!!
Students has a blast participating in "team" games throughout the day. Despite the rainy weather we ended with sunshine and smiles all around!!!
To cap off this year's Pillo Polo season, the champsionship game between The Weatherman and the Dawg Pound took place in the afternoon. After a hard fought battle, The Weathermen emerged victorious!!! Congratulations to all 5th and 6th grade players for participating this year!
2013-2014 Health & Wellness Initiative
Gayman Elementary will be instituting a Health & Wellness Initiative next school year. In an effort to acquire parent feedback which will be instrumental in guiding the focus of this initiative, the school's Health & Wellness Team invites all parents to complete a brief, four question survey.
Please click on the link below to complete the survey.
Friday, June 14th, Morning Newscast PART I
PART ONE of this morning's newscast is available for viewing below. The password required to view the taped newscast is Mustang.
Friday, June 14th, Morning Newscast PART II
PART TWO of this morning's newscast is available for viewing below. The password required to view the taped newscast is Mustang.
At the June 11, 2013 School Board Meeting, the Central Bucks School District School Board:
1. Heard the H Factor performance (the H stands for Holicong) before the school board meeting and via video, the Pledge of Allegiance was led by Mrs. Strong’s Kindergarten Pine Run class.
2. Heard the Superintendent’s Report.
3. Approved the School Board Minutes.
4. Approved the Treasurer’s Report, Budgetary Transfers for the 2012-2013 fiscal year, and Designation of Depository Banks for the 2013-2014 school year.
5. Approved the MG Trust Contract for employee 457 (b) payroll deductions and the Resolution for Debt Defeasement (paying off some of the principal from previously issued bond debt).
6. Approved contracts to Pavement Maintenance for asphalt repairs at Mill Creek Elementary School in the amount of $27,440; to T. Schiefer for new concrete sidewalks, curbs, and flagpole at Gayman Elementary School and asphalt repairs at Buckingham Elementary School in the amount of $46,750; to CSC for asphalt repairs at Barclay Elementary School in the amount of $8,492; to Centre Point for concrete wall modifications at CB West High School in the amount of $27,800; and rejected all bids for the new concrete ramp at Barclay Elementary School.
7. Sent the Facility Use Fee Schedule back to committee for further review. Facility use fees continue at same level as 2012-13 rates.
8. Approved the Act 93 Plan for administrators and the Assistant Superintendent Contracts.
9. Approved School Board Policy #217 – Graduation Requirements.
10. Approved various personnel items, foreign exchange students, and student trips.
11. Received the Board Calendar as an information item.