Innovative Technology Services
April 2016 Updates
ITS is excited to introduce you to our Monthly Updates Newsletter. Below you will find updates and information from our different departments. You will find helpful links and videos that just might answer some of your burning technology questions.
We are always here for you PUSD.
Our focus points for April:
- Continuous upgrades to the network equipment and the fiber cable runs at the school sites.
- Monitoring the wireless network to ensure optimum performance of WiFi for SBAC testing on Chromebooks.
- Continuing to work on Chromebook carts to ensure that they are in good working condition.
- Preparing for upgrades in Aeries infrastructure for the summer of 2016.
- Coordinating the delivery of the new Chromebook carts that will be delivered during the month of April.
April EdTech Updates:
- Nearpod has added a folder feature! Hooray! Now you can organize all of your amazing lessons.
- We have made Hapara Workspace available for all. This feature can also be embedded into Haiku.
- Looking for a free typing program that allows for you to monitor your student's progress? Check out Typing.com today.
- Check out Clever. Our district's new application used to streamline your use of applications.
- Turn YouTube videos into lessons. Check out EdPuzzle.
ITS has created\added Pre-enrollment records of
incoming students for your school.
We created/added pre-enrollment records for all Matriculating/promoted 5th and 8th grade students and students who participated and got a school placement via Open Enrollment.
These records were created based on the following criteria:
- School of residence of the student based on current address found in Aeries
- Open Enrollment Results from the DLIP, IB, Siblings, Phase I of Regular Open Enrollment, and Employee lottery.
What is next:
- We will be sending shortly a spreadsheet summary of pre-enrollment records created and instructions on how to manage pre-enrollment records.
- School sites need to continue creating pre-enrollment records for students "New to the District" (students with no Aeries record) using the student current grade from this year and populating "Next Grade" with the grade the student will be enrolled in for 2016-17.
Please note we have changed the color of the frame around the student demographic screen for the Pre-enrollment records to Blue to visually separate them from inactive students.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Out of 683 tickets that were submitted for ITS support, our helpdesk
was able to resolve and close 660!
Network equipment upgrade completed for Franklin, PHS, Washington MS, and Washington ES
- This upgrade increases the network connection speeds
- The elementary school was previously sharing resources with Washington MS, but now has its own network resources and circuit
Hodges/Peoria has new network equipment installed and configured
- Internet connection has been setup for this site
New analog lines for emergency 911 have been completed for the majority of sites
- Still in progress
- Emergency 911 configuration completed for Hamilton. Scheduling of the rest of the sites to follow