THE's Weekly eBlast
January 15, 2017
We've had a great week! Don't forget it is a 3-Day Weekend. We will see everyone on Tuesday, January 17th.
Let's hit our target for Run for the Heights. We have a Target/Goal to increase student participation in our awesome fundraiser. Help us hit the bullseye!
Please take a moment to checkout all the information in the PTA News for Run for the Heights. We would love to have you all join us Saturday, March 4th. If you are unavailable, there are opportunities to still support your child's school and stay "tucked in" at home.
Let's make this the best year yet!!!
January 16th- Student/Staff Holiday- Martin Luther King Jr
January 31st- Goal for 450 Students registered for Run for the Heights (see more info in the PTA section)
February 7th and 8th - Early Dismissal 12:40pm - Spring Conferences, Student Led
February 17th- Early Dismissal 12:40pm, Staff Professional Development
February 20th- Student Holiday/Staff Professional Development
5th Grade Parents
6th Grade Choice Cards
· Happy 2017! It is hard to believe, but it is time to start talking about Middle School! 6th grade choice cards will be delivered to students on January 18th and need to be returned to Mrs. Staples by February 1st. Mrs. Staples will be presenting 6th grade Choice card information to students on January 18th at 1:00 in the library. Parents are welcome to attend this informative session. If parents are unable to attend, the power point presentation will be emailed to all 5th grade parents. Mrs. Staples, Mrs. Sensat, and Mrs. Moyer (our counseling intern) plan to meet individually with students to review their selections for middle school. The individual meetings will take place during the school day the week of January 23- 27. If you have any questions, please call or email Mrs. Staples at 210-407-8225 or email@example.com.
· Below are a few important dates to remember:
o January 12 DATA Magnet School Presentation at 1:00 in the Library and Bush Band will have a presentation at 1:40 in the gym.
o January 18 Middle School Presentation at 1:00 in the library with Mrs. Staples
o January 23 Bush Fine Arts Department will perform at 1:00 in the gym
o January 24 Bush MS Course/Elective Fair for current 5th grade Students and parents at 6:00 at Bush Middle School
o January 24 Tejeda MS Course/Elective Fair for current 5th grade Students and parents at 5:30 at Tejeda Middle School
o February 1 Choice Cards are due to Mrs. Staples
Run For the Heights - RACE FOR REGISTRATIONS
Run for the Heights open Registration is in full swing! We still have a few weeks on our registration contests, so there is still plenty of time to register. Don’t forget, you must register by Jan 31st to be guaranteed this year’s t-shirt, which you will need to wear on March 3rd with your colored hair.
Registration Contest Update: as of 1/11/17
• 424 registered toward our goal of 875
• 146 THE students toward our goal of 450 for Colored Hair Day
• 1st place class – Ms. Imken in 4th grade with 26 registrations
• 2nd place class - Mrs. Branch in 2nd grade with 25 registrations
• 3rd place class- Mrs. Ferguson in 3rd grade with 24 registrations
Grade Level Leaders: Which class will win the bounce house party?
K Mrs. Young 3rd Mrs. Ferguson
1st Mrs. Schmid 4th Ms. Imken
2nd Mrs. Branch 5th Mr. Rodriguez
Student Leaders: With 10 registrations each…Way to go!
Joshua Songster -Mrs. Raveney
William McCabe -Mrs. Fontenot
Adam Hoggart -Mrs. Jackson
This event is more than a fundraiser. Run for the Heights has become a Community wide event that many businesses and neighbors look forward to attending. In its seventh year, Run for the Heights has continued to provide so many enriching opportunities that engage our students and support our staff. By having just one registration per student, we will be able to meet our goal and continue to make Tuscany Heights one of the best schools around!!
Plug in with PTA and Back the Future!
THE PTA Website www.tuscanyheightspta.org
Run for the Heights Website www.runfortheheights.tuscanyheightspta.orgTuscany Heights Volunteers Link http://www.signup.com/group/35885320036