Saadiyat in the Summer!
Weekly Community Updates: Volume I Edition I
Meet Your Summer Staff !
Quote of the Week
Destination of the Week: Agueda, Portugal !
Send us photos of your own summer destinations!
Volunteer Project: Free Donation Store Set-Up!
As you may have noticed, we've placed collection bins in all 8 residential colleges. The Office of Social Responsibility hopes is to create a Free Store in A3 over the summer & distribute all of the donations to our contract staff and domestic workers. We're hoping to recruit a few volunteers to help us sort all of the items.
To get things rolling there will be a meeting in A3, 004 on Wednesday (June 1st) in the afternoon between 4 to 8pm (likely Thursday too). Pizza will be served & it would be awesome if you all could help! Please contact email@example.com
Song of the Week !! FKA twigs: Two Weeks
Recipe of Week: GRILLED ZUCCHINI & CORN TOSTADAS WITH SPICY HUMMUS
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add garlic and fry for a few seconds.
- Add onion and ginger and fry till onion turns slightly brown.
- Whisk yogurt with flour and add it in the pan.
- Cook for a minute.
- Add coriander powder, Kashmiri red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and salt.
- Add little water and cook for a minute.
- Add paneer, cream, kauri methi, lemon juice and honey and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add water if required and cook for another minute.
- For the tadka
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- When the ghee is hot, add garlic and fry till they turn light brown.
- Pour the tadka over the curry.
- Serve hot with Laccha Paratha or Naan.
- For the tostadas:
- 8-10 corn tortillas or tostadas*
- 2 large zucchini
- 3 large ears of corn, husked
- grape seed oil, for brushing
- season salt
- For the hummus:
- 1 1/4 cups cooked chickpeas, skins removed
- 4 ounces (jarred) roasted red pepper
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons cup grape seed oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/2 medium medium/large lemon juiced
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees.
- Place all hummus ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Remove the tops and bottoms of the zucchinis. Cutting lengthwise cut the zucchini in half and then each half into thirds, equaling 6 slices per zucchini. Brush cut zucchini and husked ears of corn with grape seed oil. Then sprinkle zucchini lightly with season salt.
- Place zucchini and ears of corn on preheated grill. Reduce heat to 350 degrees. Grill zucchini and corn in five minute increments, flipping each time to a new side until all sides have been grilled and zucchini are cooked through. Corn should be slightly charred all the way around and zucchini should have nice grill marks and be slightly translucent.
- Once cool enough to touch or using a towel/fork to hold, carefully remove corn kernels from the cob and cut zucchini into bite sized pieces. To enjoy spread a large dollop of hummus across tostada, and add desired amount of zucchini and corn on top. Devour immediately.
*To make your own tostadas turn your broiler on high and place tortillas in a single layer on a baking sheet. Place baking sheet on the middle rack of your oven, keeping a careful eye on the tortillas at all times. They will begin to warp slightly. Once they have started to brown in spots, flip the tortillas over and repeat on the other side. They should only take a few minutes per side. If working in batches place tortillas in a single layer on the counter (on parchment paper if necessary) to let cool. They will continue to crunch up once cooled. Tostadas can be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container until ready to use.