This are some of the exciting and fun activities we've been up to this past week!
- The Three Little Pigs: through out the week we were able to accomplish many fun games and projects related to this story.
- Tour of the Courts: continuing our study of whom uses which types of balls, we gave a tour to the students about the different types of areas were they can play with balls.
- Experimenting with speed and buoyancy: creating a ramp using blocks and observing how balls roll allowed children to have a more comprehensive study of balls. We continued by observing if all balls are able to float.
- Class Visitor: Thank you Miss Diana for coming to the class and sharing such a wonderful game with all the children!
- Choice Time: a variety of activities were placed around the class to provide more opportunities to learn about our unit.
The excitement of the students showed as they completed all of the activities.
The Three Little Pigs
This week we study the famous fable of "The Three Little Pigs and the Big Bad Wolf". At the beginning of the week, we watched a video that told the story. Little as they knew, we provided different versions that allowed them to understand the concept of creating your own stories. By Thrusday they knew the sequence of the story, so we decided to act it out. It turned out amazing!
Three Little Pigs and The Big Bad Wolf
Play Dough Fun
Playdough can be used in so many ways. It strengthens their hands allowing them to perfect their writing skills. To bring interest to this choice area, we gave them different textured balls so they can print them on the playdough.
Cause and effect in an important concept students may learn in the block center. Placing a wrecking ball and allowing them to wreck their towers, shows them the consequence of certain actions.
Tour Around the Courts
Friday morning was a very exciting morning for all students since they were able to tour the different courts that we have in the school. We walked by the basketball courts, the soccer field, and the tennis courts. As we traveled around the different areas in the school, we matched and talked about the balls that are used there.
Parent Teacher Conference
On October 14-15 we will be having Parent Teacher Conference were we will be talking about your child's progress for the first quarter of the school year.
- To respect everyone's conference time, I am asking that you come a few minutes early so we avoid any delays.
- If you have any specific questions you would like to ask during the conference, I appreciate if you send them to me via email before the conference.
- If any emergency comes up at the time of your conference, make sure to email me or call the administration office.
On Wednesday October 21st we will celebrate UN Day here at school. That day students should come wearing their typical costume from their country or the colors of their flag. We would like to invite parents to participate in the following activities:
- 10:00-10:30 PK Parade
- 10:30-11:00 Elementary Parade
- 11:00-11:45 Cultural Lunch
We hope all of you can make it!
Yearbook Pictures will be taken on Thursday October 29th early in the morning. Make sure to send your child wearing the PE uniform.